Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – Signed until 2027! 🎉

Remove this Banner Ad

My old man said that Malthouse was going hard on Kozzy's goalkicking routine on ABC radio, referring to him as prancing. BT was a little bit critical too.

Do we think that there is any issue there?

(What a player, by the way!) #barometer
To be fair, it’d be hard not to prance just a little with so much fairy dust in your shoes

1623328130754.gif

I hope Melbourne play in Our Indigenous jumper this week against the Crows; and next week against the Cats.

Supporting Kozzy, and our Indigenous friends at Melbourne, in the Alice, and around Australia.

He was on Friday night for sure, another that was unlucky to be overshadowed by Gawn and Trac, that side step and pass to Brown in the opening 30 seconds set the tone for the rest of his game. So clean.

He's kicked 40 goals this year, for reference
Davey never kicked 40
Eddie Betts took 7 years to kick 40

He's an absolute freak

Still maintain he could kick significantly more if he starts kicking the easy ones. Is the complete opposite of Garlett who kicked about half his goals for us over the back. Defenders are terrified of him too, I’d back him against any of the Dogs smalls.

Still maintain he could kick significantly more if he starts kicking the easy ones. Is the complete opposite of Garlett who kicked about half his goals for us over the back. Defenders are terrified of him too, I’d back him against any of the Dogs smalls.

I agree. I reckon he could easily master some easier goals.

We don't kick many of those goals. I think it's because the smalls spend more time working between the arks than hunting for an easy goal or 2.

We don't kick many of those goals. I think it's because the smalls spend more time working between the arks than hunting for an easy goal or 2.

I actually am struggling to recall one that we kicked all season now I think about it. The smalls also roam a ton as you say, Spargo and ANB in particular work all the way back to inside D50 at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually am struggling to recall one that we kicked all season now I think about it. The smalls also roam a ton as you say, Spargo and ANB in particular work all the way back to inside D50 at times.
I feel like Jackson would be leading them, ANB is basically any extra midfielder who starts as a forward.

From his first touch on Saturday you knew he was on. Rose to the occasion.
And what a first touch it was with the shake n bake

Kozzie kicking some half chances will be important on grand final day - but even more importantly if he can land some chase down tackles on Daniel/Dale and put the fear of God into them, it'll go along way to stifling the Dogs ball movement.

In quietly confident there might be a Cyril 2008 2v1 on the wing type effort from Kozzie in a few weeks.

He was on Friday night for sure, another that was unlucky to be overshadowed by Gawn and Trac, that side step and pass to Brown in the opening 30 seconds set the tone for the rest of his game. So clean.
Yeah his shake and bake was ******* unreal and the fact the pass was pin point even made it better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back