Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – Signed until 2027! 🎉

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
40 goals for a 2nd year small forward is seriously unheard of.

This game is easy for Kozzy.

40 goals for a 2nd year small forward is seriously unheard of.

This game is easy for Kozzy.
Phenomenal human being as well. So proud he plays for Melbourne

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Imagine being 19 years old, thrust into AFL footy in your first two years, COVID concerns mean you don't see family for months on end, your preseason is horribly interrupted because your mother tragically passes away a few months before the season starts.

And you come out and have a year like this. * me. I know Jackson is a crazy talent with a good head on his shoulders but Kozzy is right up there with him in both facets.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Had a quiet game disposals wise but I encourage all Dees fans to watch the highlights reel on the AFL website called "the goals flood that broke the drought".

He made the tackle that turned the ball over for Brayshaw to take his mark and kick the goal, and knocked Dunkley over which gave Petracca the extra few steps he needed to dribble the ball from the boundary. Dunkley would have at least rushed him but more likely lunged and got him off balance had Pickett not shepherded him.

This on top of causing the Williams turnover that lead to Spargos goal, and tackling Duryea I think that caused the turnover to lead to Petraccas first.

For a 2nd year player who had 2 disposals to those 3rd quarter moments to keep his head up and keep working for no stay reward shows where he is at with his footy.

His teammates owed him 4 goals for that above work, for which he got 2 tackle stats.

You can see it on the main board those that rely on stats only. Pickett wasn't going to win the Norm but he did his job. I'm big on pressure forwards actually applying pressure, not just running behind guys and jumping on the mark, and Pickett nailed it.

Just noticed his shepherd for the Petracca dribbler. ******* lol, Dunkley literally folds in half when Kossie hits him, and Kossie is off balance when he goes for it too. Such an impulsive hit.

The kid was born for that moment, it was destiny since that shepherd from that junior game of his which got played in his draft tape.

Worst best four touch zero goal performance of all time Crimson Azure. That’s the difference between Weightman and Kossie. Neither gets his hands on the footy last night but Weightman just flopped around for free kicks he didn’t get and Kossie created 3-4 goals from pressure alone. Also a slick bit of handiwork to create the Langdon goal (notwithstanding that his kick to Fritsch clearly went OOTF).

Yeah didn’t get a heap of it but did all the 1%ers.

Also bloody stiff not to get a free for a high tackle when Libba went straight above his shoulder.

Sonaldo

Draftee
Jul 18, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Had a quiet game disposals wise but I encourage all Dees fans to watch the highlights reel on the AFL website called "the goals flood that broke the drought".

He made the tackle that turned the ball over for Brayshaw to take his mark and kick the goal, and knocked Dunkley over which gave Petracca the extra few steps he needed to dribble the ball from the boundary. Dunkley would have at least rushed him but more likely lunged and got him off balance had Pickett not shepherded him.

This on top of causing the Williams turnover that lead to Spargos goal, and tackling Duryea I think that caused the turnover to lead to Petraccas first.

For a 2nd year player who had 2 disposals to those 3rd quarter moments to keep his head up and keep working for no stay reward shows where he is at with his footy.

His teammates owed him 4 goals for that above work, for which he got 2 tackle stats.

You can see it on the main board those that rely on stats only. Pickett wasn't going to win the Norm but he did his job. I'm big on pressure forwards actually applying pressure, not just running behind guys and jumping on the mark, and Pickett nailed it.
5DD2B340-D1E0-4A6C-B98E-5826D4A97000.png

seriously ? He was by far the worst on ground - couldn’t get near it.

Think you might be biased mate. Weightman was the worst, had no impact. Kozzy was quiet but had a couple of important moments.
TMc was probably worse for us until his cameo late. Had one or two good contests before then but pretty easily beaten by Williams or Cordy on a few occasions.

TMc was probably worse for us until his cameo late. Had one or two good contests before then but pretty easily beaten by Williams or Cordy on a few occasions.

Tmac doing nothing while the game was hot was much more egregious for a senior player imo. Did a lot of work this year to get us to this point so will always be a premiership hero but a really disappointing finals series for him.

Pickett not getting that free cost me big too but mine was a $10 bet where 12/13 legs came through. :D
I had $50 on a 7 legger and it cost me too…I don’t give a *

His grand final was the type of game that coaches try to drill into all players

Even if you are having a s**t night and can't get near it, you can still have an impact by pressuring the opposition and giving your team mates support. There were 3 goals last night where his pressure/protection played a major part in. He won't get a stat for them but the coaches would have loved it none the less

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
View attachment 1247090
seriously ? He was by far the worst on ground - couldn’t get near it.

Certainly had a much better day than some nuff Essendon supporter who puts $4000 on a same game multi and then comes on BigFooty to have a sook to a bunch of Dees supporters who are having the time of our lives and couldn't give a flying * if Kosi didn't get a single possession, much less whether you did your arse on what is, by any standard, an extremely stupid bet.

Back