Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – Signed until 2027! 🎉

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. Happy to out myself as somebody last year who called out his quiet games, and said we needed to temper expectations with time, but was never doubting his ability long term.

Also called out a lack of composure on a couple of occasions in 2020. But the kid is a gun.

I was certainly surprised to see him line up first round and play a significant role in the game. Considering his interupted off season it's a remarkable effort for such a young player. Show's a lot of maturity.

He certainly showed promising signs and has that x-factor that causes opposition defenders to feel pressure.

Still a long way to go, but I was happy with what I saw.

Yeah probably the best I’ve seen him play, everytime he got near the ball he impacted the play, not to mention his tackle on Andy Brayshaw which was fantastic. It’s a great effort that he even played with what’s been through.

I SAID NEVILLE JETTA WAS GOING TO BE GOOD ALL THOSE YEARS AGO WHEN EVERYBODY WANTED HIM DELISTED

As you were.

A11dAtP0w3R - keen for your thoughts here.

What am I reacting to? A circle jerk about a game where he kicked one goal and gave away a free when he jumped high? Call me Mr.Fussy but round 1 hasn't swayed my opinion yet. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta say, i was really impressed he went home under bad circumstances, worked hard and came back in ripping touch.

Makes me think back to when Austin Wonaeamirri went home for the summer and came back out of condition thanks to necking copious amounts of sea turtle

I gotta say, i was really impressed he went home under bad circumstances, worked hard and came back in ripping touch.

Makes me think back to when Austin Wonaeamirri went home for the summer and came back out of condition thanks to necking copious amounts of sea turtle
He comes from a footy family and has been in the AFL system for quite a few years now, which includes having access to diet/fitness advice. Very different pathway to Wonna, who perhaps didn't have the same support to go back to.

Coming back fit deserves some applause.

There are plenty of players who got given everything who havent.

I was certainly surprised to see him line up first round and play a significant role in the game. Considering his interupted off season it's a remarkable effort for such a young player. Show's a lot of maturity.

he really does look much more mature this year, suddenly it looks like he's played for 50+ games. Now that he can go into the midfield for a spurt means he really shouldn't have any overly quiet days this year, super exciting

This is exactly the response I was hoping for. Thanks for being you. 🤗

So you wanted me to tell you that I'm still of the same opinion after one game. Seems pretty pointless. 🙂

Just knowing we have your reinforcement and validation means so much

All I said was that i wanted him to stop the Hollywood s**t for the sake of it, stop giving away dumb frees, and kick some goals instead of wasting opportunities that quality small forwards kick in their sleep. Couldn't care less if I turned out being wrong and he becomes a star. Anyone would think I said I wanted him to drop dead.

Let's check in next week after Kossie kicks another goal and gives away another free kick and see if that hasn't swayed your stubborn opinion.

Never seen so much hype over a player who is yet to really even have a great game yet. The anticipation handjobs are out of control. If he ever kicks 4 or 5 goals the board will go into meltdown. 😂

Never seen so much hype over a player who is yet to really even have a great game yet. The anticipation handjobs are out of control. If he ever kicks 4 or 5 goals the board will go into meltdown. 😂

Small forwards are kind of like handjobs - 95% of the time the anticipation is the best part

Remove this Banner Ad

Back