Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – Signed until 2027! 🎉

He has some of the cleanest hands I've ever seen. The goal he missed in the third where he plucked the ball out of mid-air with one hand while weaving through multiple players at full speed was insane

He has some of the cleanest hands I've ever seen. The goal he missed in the third where he plucked the ball out of mid-air with one hand while weaving through multiple players at full speed was insane
He’s not solid, he’s liquid. I’m convinced. It solid entity could move like that

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Would absolutely get overly physical with him. It may work and it may not, but worth a try. Hey, it works with at least one AA ruckman I know.

But I see something different in this kids mental makeup, which makes me think it would backfire.

Last edited:
Would absolutely get overly physical with him. It may work and it may not, but worth a try. But it works with at least one AA ruckman I know.

But I see something different in this kids mental makeup, which makes me think it would backfire.

I'm not convinced it would work but definitely worth a try. He seems to enjoy physicality, unlike Gawn, may even sharpen his focus.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm not convinced it would work but definitely worth a try. He seems to enjoy physicality, unlike Gawn, may even sharpen his focus.
I would be it doesn't work with Koz.
However I've been noticing Trac and I reckon he's absolutely all over the place mentally. I'd be getting into him every opportunity

However I've been noticing Trac and I reckon he's absolutely all over the place mentally. I'd be getting into him every opportunity

Really, I haven't noticed anything, what have you seen?

I would be it doesn't work with Koz.

Gawn and Gus were saying on the podcast that Trac can't handle anyone not liking him. Some port player told him Jack Trengove couldn't stand him a few years back and he immediately called Trengove after the game, lol.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Really, I haven't noticed anything, what have you seen?
One bad kick seems to flow into another bad decision. Seems to ride his confidence like crazy. He doesn't just have a bad moment he has a bad 5-10 minutes but then it flips and he's crazy good for 10.

I think he stews on his mistakes longer than a truly elite player.

One bad kick seems to flow into another bad decision. Seems to ride his confidence like crazy. He doesn't just have a bad moment he has a bad 5-10 minutes but then it flips and he's crazy good for 10.

I think he stews on his mistakes longer than a truly elite player.

Can't say ive noticed it other than with his goal kicking, if he kicks a shocker early tends to carry on with the rest of the game. Will keep an eye out tho.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
i loved that cheeky shepherd hit Pickett put on Long in the goal square when ANB kicked that goal. Long hated it because he wasn't expecting it and tried to rough Pickett up, then ANB confronted him and also made him look like a goose by easily sidestepping his attempted bump. double win!

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Can't say ive noticed it other than with his goal kicking, if he kicks a shocker early tends to carry on with the rest of the game. Will keep an eye out tho.
You can just see it in the kids face. When he *s up it's like he wants to get a microphone and apologise to the stadium.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
i loved that cheeky shepherd hit Pickett put on Long in the goal square when ANB kicked that goal. Long hated it because he wasn't expecting it and tried to rough Pickett up, then ANB confronted him and also made him look like a goose by easily sidestepping his attempted bump. double win!

Enjoyed this sequence as well.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
The commentators made a big deal several times about the senior players being upset with Kozzy’s decision making a few times the other day. But I doubt that upsets Kozzy emotionally in the slightest.

That was Cameron Ling. Hes a w***er mate.

Always been a w***er too, I once carted him for 24 off an over when he was bowling his right arm pies playing for St.Joesphs, including a six back over his head into the school pool and he gave me the biggest send off ever when his mate bowling from the other end got me out the next over. So but hurt. 😂

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yeah Ling made it sound like the older blokes were totally roasting them. Don't think it's unreasonable to say 'hey I was free in a better spot. Have a look next time' didn't look like they did more than that.

Right. Isn’t this how teams work? One time you could see Kozzy shaking his head in acknowledgment to what a teammate was saying. All seemed perfectly standard. But even if the older players were harsh about it, I doubt it would negatively impact Kozzy.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah Ling made it sound like the older blokes were totally roasting them. Don't think it's unreasonable to say 'hey I was free in a better spot. Have a look next time' didn't look like they did more than that.
He also blasted Lever for not dump kicking it inside 50 when we've beej deliberately working on not doing that

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don't mind the players giving him s**t, I also hope the coaches pull him aside and say * em. You do you mate. Think goals first and then if you see something else use it.

Back