Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – Signed until 2027! 🎉

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that intercept and goal is my favorite footy thing of all time.
Trust me when I say mate that won't even make his final highlights package when he retires, he's capable of so much more.

Do some research on a bloke called Jeff Farmer, he's the most exciting bloke I've seen in red and blue.

Scary thing is Kozzy has the talent to be better

His ability to snap the ball is amazing, he only needs an inch of space as well. I could imagine a situation where jetta walks into kozzies room thinking he's having a bad nights sleep when really he's just dreaming about kicking a bag. What I liked about his game last night was he worked his way into it, garlett probably would have given up in the same situation. Also created a nice goal for gus where the ball probably would have been cleared out in the past.

The kid has arrived! The scary thing is he has it all. He's tough, he has endurance, he can leap and he's fast. Skills are very sound too. Probably lacked a touch of confidence and obviously experience last year but he had a lot of 'nearly' games last year. Both my kids have already asked for his jumper, so this kid is going to put bums on seats. Will make us very watchable too for neutrals which will hopefully get us some more prime time games and sponsors.

The kid has arrived! The scary thing is he has it all. He's tough, he has endurance, he can leap and he's fast. Skills are very sound too. Probably lacked a touch of confidence and obviously experience last year but he had a lot of 'nearly' games last year. Both my kids have already asked for his jumper, so this kid is going to put bums on seats. Will make us very watchable too for neutrals which will hopefully get us some more prime time games and sponsors.
Was at the game with my parents and partner. Mum kept asking me to point him out so she could watch what he was doing, lol. We were sitting behind that intercept/snap in the 3rd. Unreal moment. Obviously I'm still buzzing about it/him.

Amazing how quick and clean he is, but his workrate is exceptional too and he's a very smart user.

Was at the game with my parents and partner. Mum kept asking me to point him out so she could watch what he was doing, lol. We were sitting behind that intercept/snap in the 3rd. Unreal moment. Obviously I'm still buzzing about it/him.

Amazing how quick and clean he is, but his workrate is exceptional too and he's a very smart user.
His endurance and willingness to improve his fitness will be a massive asset! He will be able to do Kozzy things for longer. Well done to the club for targeting him and getting a trade done to get him. Exactly the player we needed and looks to be a future star of the comp. These players usually play for other teams!

Kelly Underwood and Leigh Montagna is the worts commentary team of all time

What a freakish talent this kid is.

I loved his start in the very first centre bounce too, helped set the tone with his pressure and kept GWS from clearing it a couple of times.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second week in a row where the opposition defenders had no answer to him, he made them look silly, you can tell when he’s near the ball inside 50 the pressure just goes up and you can smell a goal coming.

Spewing I can’t go to the Geelong game. Listening to the crowd when he goes near the ball, **** we haven’t had this since Davey (And Kozzy looks a better player). He is just a freak.
It’s something else. Reminds me in terms of how the crowd acts of Farmer - just electric.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back