Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – Signed until 2027! 🎉

Remove this Banner Ad

My 'favourite' moment was when she said, "Slick goal, slick hair... that's why the call him slick Fritsch", and I'm thinking - they do? Well he's gonna have a new nickname around the club starting today, anyway. :tearsofjoy:

this one was real bad.

Lets hope none of these end up on a cheer squad banner.

I’m bumping threads now

Perhaps unsurprisingly given his obvious high impact style this kid is 25th on the AFL player ratings for this year, which is obscene. That goal he kicked today after slipping over and getting back up while everyone else around him seemed to genuinely just stop moving happened so quickly that I barely had time to open my mouth and yell out ‘you can’t lose your feet Kossie’. Turns out he can lose his feet whenever he wants.

I’m bumping threads now

Perhaps unsurprisingly given his obvious high impact style this kid is 25th on the AFL player ratings for this year, which is obscene. That goal he kicked today after slipping over and getting back up while everyone else around him seemed to genuinely just stop moving happened so quickly that I barely had time to open my mouth and yell out ‘you can’t lose your feet Kossie’. Turns out he can lose his feet whenever he wants.
Didn't play well but still impacted, tackled and harrassed and still had 4 shots on goal in an average game for him. Love him

Didn't play well but still impacted, tackled and harrassed and still had 4 shots on goal in an average game for him. Love him
Good run for him in the wet, didn’t look entirely comfortable with it but got better as he figured out the conditions. Crowd ******* love him.

Good run for him in the wet, didn’t look entirely comfortable with it but got better as he figured out the conditions. Crowd ******* love him.
He's so ******* clean, even his fumbles don't leave his little area and he's so bloody quick to re gather it. If you ignore reputation and just go on starting a game tomorrow he's already top 5 most dangerous small forwards in the game.

He's so ******* clean, even his fumbles don't leave his little area and he's so bloody quick to re gather it. If you ignore reputation and just go on starting a game tomorrow he's already top 5 most dangerous small forwards in the game.
Does a lot of his best work when he doesn’t possess the ball but somehow moves it five to ten metres.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could see the talent last year, actually brings a tear to me eye watching this bloke because he reminds me of why I fell in love with Aussie Rules. Eagles would be the same with Liam Ryan.

that chase down and lip service on Selwood was so satisfying which resulted in a goal.

last shot at goal would have been some nice icing

BTs commentary usually shits me but I must admit I laughed at the "Pickett got Selwood in the tackle and said I'm here now, you're almost gone" followed by "Not sure if he actually said that"

BTs commentary usually shits me but I must admit I laughed at the "Pickett got Selwood in the tackle and said I'm here now, you're almost gone" followed by "Not sure if he actually said that"
Remarkable self-awareness from Brian!

You could see the talent last year, actually brings a tear to me eye watching this bloke because he reminds me of why I fell in love with Aussie Rules. Eagles would be the same with Liam Ryan.

As a kid Jeff Farmer became my favourite player blowing my mind what he could do as I can imagine a lot of us on here. Kozzy Pickett is going to be doing the same to a lot Melbourne kids over the next few years.

As a kid Jeff Farmer became my favourite player blowing my mind what he could do as I can imagine a lot of us on here. Kozzy Pickett is going to be doing the same to a lot Melbourne kids over the next few years.
The Whiz was a huge talent. Loved watching him play. He could get lazy though at times and when things didn't go his way he would show his frustration. I can't see Pickett being lazy. He's such a joy to watch. My kids love him and i can see him alone getting kids onboard with the Dees, just like Buddy did for the Hawks..

I think he said "Not sure that's true." So he was disagreeing with the remark that he made up for Pickett.

Wizz was my favourite player too and now I can 100% say Kozzie is my new no.1

Big game at the G, in the wet against the Cats and this 19 year old kid who probably weighs less than 70kgs is throwing his weight around, laying 7 tackles, had 7 score involvements and potentially iced the game with that tackle on Selwood.

It's crazy to say but he's clearly matured over the off season and is seemingly loving playing in front of a crowd. Already arguably one of our most impactful players per possession. One day soon he will kick 5 and take a hanger.

I remember Taylor said he went the same pick as Cyril did (Pick 12) on draft day, with a wry smile. I thought at the time it was a dumb thing to say, even if it was half joking - but he clearly wasn't joking. He knew all along.

Interesting that loads of neutrals in the AA thread think he will make AA
Getting a lot of media hype and he’s second for goals kicked by small/medium forwards. Deserves to be in the conversation at this stage but I can’t see him sustaining this level of performance all year though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back