Delisted #36: Lachlan Johnson - Not offered another contract - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd think he will be in trouble if there are list reductions.

Was a completely speculative selection from everything I've read and it's not even clear what position he will play, no exposed form for 18 months, slow, queries about his tank. That's a list of everything we don't need on the list.

It's also part of the reason I think list reduction is utter bullshit. Who knows what we're going to lose to the game so that the top players can continue to be overpaid (a lot of them for just collecting possessions). The morality and basic sense of list reductions does not, however, change the reality that's it's virtually impossible to project Johnson into anything that fits into the system we are trying to play (especially given the weaknesses we already have).

You'd think he will be in trouble if there are list reductions.

Was a completely speculative selection from everything I've read and it's not even clear what position he will play, no exposed form for 18 months, slow, queries about his tank. That's a list of everything we don't need on the list.

It's also part of the reason I think list reduction is utter bullshit. Who knows what we're going to lose to the game so that the top players can continue to be overpaid (a lot of them for just collecting possessions). The morality and basic sense of list reductions does not, however, change the reality that's it's virtually impossible to project Johnson into anything that fits into the system we are trying to play (especially given the weaknesses we already have).

I wouldn't be sad if he were not re contracted, would you ?

He’s on a two year draft contract. We cannot sack him without paying next year anyway.

How much exposed form does the next pick in the 2020 draft have right now?

Barring severe and immediate list cuts, I’d say he plays out his contract at a minimum.

to be fair, I did forget he was taken in the national draft and therefore is contracted for 2 years.

My bad

I wouldn't be sad if he were not re contracted, would you ?

It's hard to tell. On paper I don't see the appeal. He's a lot like Long in the sense he doesn't seem to have any identity as a player.

Lore surely the contract won't save him. It can't be that you suddenly lose a spot on the list just because you were unlucky enough to not have a contract beyond this year. The club must get to make the call on who it wants to keep.

It's hard to tell. On paper I don't see the appeal. He's a lot like Long in the sense he doesn't seem to have any identity as a player.

Lore surely the contract won't save him. It can't be that you suddenly lose a spot on the list just because you were unlucky enough to not have a contract beyond this year. The club must get to make the call on who it wants to keep.
What is the benefit in delisting him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he our small defender going fwd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have no idea where they intend on playing him

Well if he's half as good as his old man he'll play 130 games 1 x AA and 1 x premiership at least

Same height as his old man (not as heavy) but looks more agile and speedy - no idea of his centre of gravity or ground/below the knee skills.

Is he our small defender going fwd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lock down small defender I think. OP mentions an average around 7 tackles from 5 games before injury and smart player. A Rutten type of player.

Not sure how much pace he has. Hopefully has a strong preseason. A virtual 2021 draftee whom I had forgotten about. All the more exciting!

Lock down small defender I think. OP mentions an average around 7 tackles from 5 games before injury and smart player. A Rutten type of player.

Not sure how much pace he has. Hopefully has a strong preseason. A virtual 2021 draftee whom I had forgotten about. All the more exciting!
He is a Devon Smith type, don’t think I’ve seen him spend a single second as a defender when he played in the NAB League

He is a Devon Smith type, don’t think I’ve seen him spend a single second as a defender when he played in the NAB League
Oh, so defensive small forward? He's Baguley II? How good is he actually? Highlights vid is very short. Steps around a couple of players in one part but not much else save a couple of goals.

Oh, so defensive small forward? He's Baguley II? How good is he actually? Highlights vid is very short. Steps around a couple of players in one part but not much else save a couple of goals.
Not pure defensive as he likes to create, he is just a good and willing tackler. I think he was lucky to get drafted personally in especially after doing his ACL and not playing champs

Not pure defensive as he likes to create, he is just a good and willing tackler. I think he was lucky to get drafted personally in especially after doing his ACL and not playing champs
I think the only reason they drafted him was because of the ACL they knew they could put him on the inactive list and then free up the list spot anyways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back