Delisted #36: Lauchlan Dalgleish

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering what the go is with Dal? I know he obviously hurt his knee a few months back but how has his form been in the VFL recently? Would he be warranting an AFL call up soon (regarding fitness from the knee injury?) as I reckon he has massive upside if we can get him out there! :thumbsu:
Still not running out games which is a problem but he still looks bloody good.

Cheers mate, hopefully he can sort his knee/fitness issues out & get a couple of AFL games in the back half of the year!
I'd be surprised if he doesn't hit top form and get a couple of games, especially if we lose the next 2 matches.

Agree with this but from the limited games I've seen his ball use hasn't been quite up to his usual standard.
He's really only had one bad week disposal wise, against Richmond. His kicking against Northern was outstanding.

Apologies for the out of date thread title that gave anyone a heart attack, guys. Just tag or report the thread if you see one of those that needs changing- we miss them occasionally, especially with players not in the senior team.

Would love to see him on the MCG against Hawthorn.

I know he's not a debutant, but I think they'll apply the same principle of not exposing an inexperienced player to hawthorn.

I know he's not a debutant, but I think they'll apply the same principle of not exposing an inexperienced player to hawthorn.

It's not something we've applied before though?

Kav made his debut against the Hawks. Merrett/Gleeson/Ambrose all played their 2nd game against Hawthorn last year.

It's not something we've applied before though?

Kav made his debut against the Hawks. Merrett/Gleeson/Ambrose all played their 2nd game against Hawthorn last year.

I suppose it wouldn't be surprising. Someone said on the match preview thread re Laverde that they've stated they won't be exposing inexperienced players to Hawthorn. Irrespective I think it's not such a bad idea given the form of players like Hibberd and rewarding form in the seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want him back in the senior side soon but with his body type I think he needs to play 3-4 consistant games at VFL, keeping himself uninjured to warrent AFL selection.

I want him in badly too - was my pick for breakout this year prior to injury. Think he adds pace and dash that we lack.

I want him back in the senior side soon but with his body type I think he needs to play 3-4 consistant games at VFL, keeping himself uninjured to warrent AFL selection.
Good thing he's played the last 6 VFL games then.

Good thing he's played the last 6 VFL games then.
How far away do you think he is from senior selection? Think he will definitely add to the side once he gets in.

How far away do you think he is from senior selection? Think he will definitely add to the side once he gets in.
I think he should be selected ahead of Hibberd. Similarly one-sided but his pace will get him out of that trouble and sends a message to Hibberd too.

Re-listened to the interview with Dodoro this afternoon out of boredom more than anything else.

Pleased to hear that he referred to Ken as someone they were excited to look at with an extended run of games.

Hopefully this translates into a decent opportunity at the top level.

Need to be able to do more than run quick playing half back at AFL level.

Can he read the ball coming in?
Can he cut across and take intercepting marks?
Can he win the ball and go when its his turn?
Can he move up onto the wing and get it more?

He's had injuries but he needs to do a lot more at VFL level. Story of our list at the moment.

Need to be able to do more than run quick playing half back at AFL level.

Can he read the ball coming in?
Can he cut across and take intercepting marks?
Can he win the ball and go when its his turn?
Can he move up onto the wing and get it more?

He's had injuries but he needs to do a lot more at VFL level. Story of our list at the moment.

Well obviously he cant. Why else would anyone rate him?

I'd like to see him get a go at senior level in the next few games. Has some attributes our senior side needs and could be a direct replacement for Dempsey. Gleeson i think can play more than just half back. Half back is just the easiest role for him right now.

Is he? Colyer plays pretty much as a permanent half forward and Dalgliesh is more a defender/wingman.
Well, we need some pace desperately. If Dal is fit enough and in decent enough form, I'd be pretty annoyed if we didn't get him in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back