Delisted #36: Michael Hartley - Joins Hawthorne via the preseason draft - 29/11

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was an opposition coach and my forwards were getting beaten all day and the next option was to create stoppages I would kick it towards Hartleys man.

If he can't mark it at least he knows that he's not going to get it marked(like against Hooker) or rebounded off(like Hurley) and can at least give the crumbers more of a chance.

Thats how I would see it.

If I was an opposition coach and my forwards were getting beaten all day and the next option was to create stoppages I would kick it towards Hartleys man.

If he can't mark it at least he knows that he's not going to get it marked(like against Hooker) or rebounded off(like Hurley) and can at least give the crumbers more of a chance.

Thats how I would see it.
Which, if you follow it through to a wet day...

I dunno. If he has been dropped it's tough, no doubt. Hasn't done much to deserve it.

Which, if you follow it through to a wet day...

I dunno. If he has been dropped it's tough, no doubt. Hasn't done much to deserve it.
I love what he brings to the table but I just wonder if they want more end product.

He only averaged less than ten possessions a game last year in a year where the ball was camped in our defensive 50.

I would be curious how many goals against us from when Hartley punches it compared to if Hurley or Hooker were competing for it.

Love harts but I like they we are dropping him. It's match ups

Look at the doggies good players move in and out of the team based on match ups. Healthy competition is great. Go back to the vfl and dominate.

No it's not. They brought Brown into the squad. He's been dropped out of the squad for Brown. Brown might because of the match up.

No it's not. They brought Brown into the squad. He's been dropped out of the squad for Brown. Brown might because of the match up.

I disagree. Brown dominated the vfl last week 28 possi' by memory. Harts is a better defender but there is no match up for him so we bring in a better offensive swingman

If we were playing a full strength wce or Adelaide this week harts would be in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't really understand why he'd be dropped while he's struggled to cover opponents on the lead he is almost never out marked in a high ball and has the height/size to stand Casbouly/Mckay.

I disagree. Brown dominated the vfl last week 28 possi' by memory. Harts is a better defender but there is no match up for him so we bring in a better offensive swingman

If we were playing a full strength wce or Adelaide this week harts would be in.
He destroyed Casboult twice last year. What a load of s**t. If anybody doesn't have a match up this week it's Ambrose.

It's true. Hartley is perfect for Casboult and Hurley perfect for Weitering. Ambrose is okay for Weitering and Hurley okay for Casboult but why are people saying Hartley has no match up this week? He would bend Casboult over again.

It's true. Hartley is perfect for Casboult and Hurley perfect for Weitering. Ambrose is okay for Weitering and Hurley okay for Casboult but why are people saying Hartley has no match up this week? He would bend Casboult over again.

3 tall defenders are not needed this week. Need to drop one of Hartley or ambrose.

Weitering swings. Makes sense to bring brown in

Answer: Hurley
I'd sooner have Hartley on Casboult and Hurley on Weitering than Hurley on Casboult and Ambrose on Weitering. Hurley actually hasn't had much success on guys that tall before.

Yeah hard to see from the outside why Hartley has been omitted, I'll back the coach in and there is no doubt Brown has been in very good form throughout the pre-season. Would have to agree that Hartley would seem like the logical match-up for Casboult, obviously Hartley must have some things to work on, backing his kicking to help our offence more and develop his intercept marking perhaps a few things I can think of.

I'd sooner have Hartley on Casboult and Hurley on Weitering than Hurley on Casboult and Ambrose on Weitering. Hurley actually hasn't had much success on guys that tall before.
You really don't like ambrose, do you eth-dog?
we had the brown v ambrose discussion in the pre-season. I was happy and still am with Ambrose. I never thought that it would be Hartley on the outer. Anyway, good luck to brown this week. I'd say Hartley will be back for the Crows, especially if Jenkins is back.

3 tall defenders are not needed this week. Need to drop one of Hartley or ambrose.

Weitering swings. Makes sense to bring brown in

That's a good point. You could see Hartley not having an optimal opponent if Carlton decided to send weitering back. It's not out of the realm of possability for them to go for a smaller forward line due to the weather.

I guess the one consolation is we have depth in Hartley going to VFL.
You don't reckon Sydney, Collingwood and Hawthorn would like Hartley in their side.

You really don't like ambrose, do you eth-dog?
we had the brown v ambrose discussion in the pre-season. I was happy and still am with Ambrose. I never thought that it would be Hartley on the outer. Anyway, good luck to brown this week. I'd say Hartley will be back for the Crows, especially if Jenkins is back.
I have been happy with Ambrose this season. However to say this is based on match-ups is plain incorrect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back