Delisted #36: Michael Hartley - Joins Hawthorne via the preseason draft - 29/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Hartley did do a hamstring missing 3 matches last year whilst Brown only missed one so suspect playing the extra two matches helped Brown finish ahead of Hartley in B&F
I would have thought that Brown could do multiple roles would have more of a bearing on the B&F.

Yes, is a much scrappier player than Brown and his punches out of defense would have been yuge
Don't think the spoils would have helped stop Carlton always getting players to the ball much faster than we did but hey that's just me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to have ya back big fella. With Franga in the side it is great to have to man-bear-pigs running around in the red and black.
you've gone and mixed up your Michaels!

Conversation should probably be in the preview thread.

I'm interested Slizdawg what you think he lacks at AFL level, and what he should be working on? I notice that you didn't rate Brown the last time you were logged in either.

Probably should ask for more information before you jump on him... otherwise there's nothing to argue against except subjective opinions, and we know where that leaves us.
Brown has suprised me the last two weeks so right now i was completely wrong. He`s
Conversation should probably be in the preview thread.

I'm interested Slizdawg what you think he lacks at AFL level, and what he should be working on? I notice that you didn't rate Brown the last time you were logged in either.

Probably should ask for more information before you jump on him... otherwise there's nothing to argue against except subjective opinions, and we know where that leaves us.
Brown has been good the last two weeks and i`ve been impressive so this year, so far i was wrong. Having said that i still prefer Hartley and here is why. I dont think Brown adds anything defensively more then Hartley then he might mark it a few times more but that extra mark or marks he takes are that important its not like they are pack marks. I know Hartley is going to get a fist on most balls at him and good fists at that (one on one, on a lead, in a pack). Brown has no left foot and will kick a check side instead and under pressure or against a good team thats not going to work. He also seems to do a couple of silly things in a game however that hasnt happened this year. I know what im getting with Hartley against good teams and bad teams and it sits well with me. I still have to hold my breathe with Brown

He has been just average at VFL level so he's not exactly knocking down the door!

Would be sending mixed messages to the squad if he was to return on the back of his current output.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back