Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Essendon, Michael Hartley!
NBxCrel.png

From Knightmare:
Michael Hartley (VIC – KPD)
Height: 198cm, Weight: 102kg, DOB: 07/06/1993
Recruited from: Coburg
Reminds me of: Rory Thompson
Brief bio: Harley was a previous Collingwood rookie listed player out of NSW who in his time with Collingwood struggled with injury. Hartley this year has made that transformation in his game from an effective shutdown key defender into someone who can still beat his direct opponent but now also take some intercept marks and offer a better balance to his game as more than just the limited role player he was. Hartley has good height, strength and athleticism and looms as a strong choice as immediate key defence cover.

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-25_8-1-39.png
    upload_2015-11-25_8-1-39.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 277
Last edited by a moderator:

Our boy eth-dog! Our boy!

Well, really, he is your boy. I accept that.
Thank you. Shaun Edwards, as much as I love you, Michael Hartley pulls me towards him as a Coburg fan.

Extremely happy with this pick. He's been nigh on untouchable in the VFL for 2 years, having about 30 goals kicked on him over both. His intercept work is the best in the VFL by a fair way. His disposal is very good for a big man as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can go forward himself if needed - he's sliced them up in the VFL a couple of times as a swingman.

Still only 22 as well - great age to pick up a KPP.
Has 1 goal in the VFL from 42 games.

Gets those nice outward kicks right.ie not always pinpoint but lets the player run on to it..Looks like a general down there too, hopefully a good talker

All we need now is for our half backs and midfielders to actually want to the ball from the kick out because if Hurls/Hooks/Harts are kicking it 55 from the kickout to a free player every time we may actually transition a bit better than we do our piddly little 10m kicks around the side followed by a big bomb down the line to a 24 player contest that results in a throw in and conceding another i50 entry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back