Delisted #36: Michael Hartley - Joins Hawthorne via the preseason draft - 29/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick him based on reputation then. Watch how Hawthorn drop a player like Roughy and win all of the premierships. Keep telling ourselves we aren't far off and blow the arse outta the cap with a squad that can't win a final. But they're all champions though.

Last week with infected elbow and crap delivery, decent second half against Crows, hero against Suns. Yeah drop him. Roughy has struggled for some time.

Pick him based on reputation then. Watch how Hawthorn drop a player like Roughy and win all of the premierships. Keep telling ourselves we aren't far off and blow the arse outta the cap with a squad that can't win a final. But they're all champions though.

Hartley will never be as good as Hooker. It’s plain to see. This reputation thing is a weird argument.

Why has he garnered that rep you reckon?

We’d be 13th without hooker

I'm probably the biggest Hartley fan going around, but comparing him to Hooker is like comparing a pebble to Uluru.

Hartley was better than Hooker last week. And the game he played previous. Hooker has been rubbish for the last 3 running, especially when down back.

Hooker played forward. Why’s this even a comparison 😂

You have your favourites and it seriously blinds you.

I hope both him and Long get a game for you before the end of the year. Cos they’re gone after that.

I'm probably the biggest Hartley fan going around, but comparing him to Hooker is like comparing a pebble to Uluru.
Sure based on career output. I'm talking about week to week, and Hooker has not been performing at Hartley's level for 3 weeks, yet is selected ahead of him because pecking order, reputation, sorry we doped you or whatever.

It isn't the right way to pick a side. Develops the kind of culture we have, the kind a methed up bomber referred to when he criticised a group that hadn't achieved anything.

Sure based on career output. I'm talking about week to week, and Hooker has not been performing at Hartley's level for 3 weeks, yet is selected ahead of him because pecking order, reputation, sorry we doped you or whatever.

It isn't the right way to pick a side. Develops the kind of culture we have, the kind a methed up bomber referred to when he criticised a group that hadn't achieved anything.
There is no side in the competition who would be dropping Hooker right now, and that comparison to Roughead was massively flawed.

But yeah dumb Essendon etc etc

See here the Essendon fan, in its native environment. Overrating its players and planning September holidays.
I think this comment speaks for itself, so I have nothing further to add.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked weak in the contest on to me Friday night. Not convinced he plays 22 games at another club next year, but should be able to play some AFL football.

Looked weak in the contest on to me Friday night. Not convinced he plays 22 games at another club next year, but should be able to play some AFL football.
Getting outbodied by Will Hoskin-Elliott is pretty grim.

Absolutely went through the motions on Friday night. A sad state of affairs that it even happened tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still think a lot of it is confidence. He’s improved his reading of the play but he has never attacked the ball in the air as freely as he did in 2016 when he knew he was entrenched in the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back