Past Patrick Kerr

Remove this Banner Ad

I was shocked when I saw him fall to us. I didn't watch the draft, but I checked it at not so regular intervals.

When I saw our pick in the 20s was him I was slightly disappointed, not surprised. I'm another one who is a sucker for footy romance.

Then at the end of the draft looking up who we drafted and seeing Kerr at pick 65 I couldn't believe it. A massive slide from him, I wonder if we knew that was going to happen and intentionally didn't pick him early for that reason?

Did other clubs stay away from him, given his families passion for the blues and the concern being that in 2 years time he would request a trade to us?

Patty is a dead eye dick to when in range and think a taller better marking Jack Gunston. ;)

He does have some aspects of his game to work go.
He's not great below his knees, needs to work on his defensive side of the game and his lateral movement when leading.

He does have some aspects of his game to work go.
He's not great below his knees, needs to work on his defensive side of the game and his lateral movement when leading.

An 18 yo key forward I am not surprised he has parts of his game to work on.. All players should have, its now about his hunger and ability to learn and work on those deficiencies.

An 18 yo key forward I am not surprised he has parts of his game to work on.. All players should have, its now about his hunger and ability to learn and work on those deficiencies.

Was talking about this with a work colleague this morning (also a Carlton supporter).
We both said the same thing. Carlton would be in his blood, and I can imagine he'd want to work exceptionally hard to improve all aspects of his game.

Was talking about this with a work colleague this morning (also a Carlton supporter).
We both said the same thing. Carlton would be in his blood, and I can imagine he'd want to work exceptionally hard to improve all aspects of his game.

Yes agree, however being a Kerr who have loads of $ means he has probably never had to work for or want for anything in his life and had it all handed to him. Like all 18yo growing up and fending for yourself can be a difficult transition and when you see all your mates off on contiki and boozing everynight knowing that he has the comfort of a wealthy family to fall back on might be a challenge. Still someone like Jack Gunston is the same and he has worked his @ss off to become the footballer he is today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fan of Hird in recent years, but he was a great and was, as many know, picked in the 70s from memory. Perhaps Kerr (like Hird), appreciating his legacy at the club, will rise to another level?

Not a fan of Hird in recent years, but he was a great and was, as many know, picked in the 70s from memory. Perhaps Kerr (like Hird), appreciating his legacy at the club, will rise to another level?
Hird was hidden up in nsw away from prying eyes. That's the only reason he lasted so long. No luck in it at all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes agree, however being a Kerr who have loads of $ means he has probably never had to work for or want for anything in his life and had it all handed to him. Like all 18yo growing up and fending for yourself can be a difficult transition and when you see all your mates off on contiki and boozing everynight knowing that he has the comfort of a wealthy family to fall back on might be a challenge. Still someone like Jack Gunston is the same and he has worked his @ss off to become the footballer he is today.
A bit presumptuous? The kid has just walked in the door, let's give him a chance to prove himself before we label him.

PatrickVivienneKerr.jpg

:thumbsu:

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-11-30/kerrs-drafting-brings-immense-joy

As for the dark Navy Blue guernsey, the famous No.11 worn with distinction by Laurie into 149 senior matches through the 1950s will remain with its current wearer Sam Kerridge.

But Vivienne is in no doubt that the right set of digits will wind up on the broad back of her grandson.

Kerridge could always give it up? Not going to happen?

He went from No. 29 to No. 17 at the Crows (wore each for 2 years)

*or could give Patrick, 48 ... was the number of goals his Grandfather kicked for the Blues

Looks like he got #36 if he's wearing the designated training cap in the Alex Silvagni video.

It's a great story and loved hearing him speak so confidently and well in front of the media.

He has plenty to work on to make it in modern footy, he's very much so your old school full forward. He's not a bad snap at goal and leads straight well but so many similar forwards are let go with the same attributes. Long road ahead I think but he seems to have his head screwed on right and you just can't measure what having Navy Blue blood does to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back