Past Patrick Kerr

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's a forward who knows how to lead, he might be in the side sooner than you think because I haven't seen a lot of leading and breaking away from our forwards of recent years.

Havent had a forward who could lead properly since Eddie Betts.

I was shocked when I saw him fall to us. I didn't watch the draft, but I checked it at not so regular intervals.

When I saw our pick in the 20s was him I was slightly disappointed, not surprised. I'm another one who is a sucker for footy romance.

Then at the end of the draft looking up who we drafted and seeing Kerr at pick 65 I couldn't believe it. A massive slide from him, I wonder if we knew that was going to happen and intentionally didn't pick him early for that reason?

Did other clubs stay away from him, given his families passion for the blues and the concern being that in 2 years time he would request a trade to us?
I let out a scream and fist pump when we finally picked him. Thought it wouldn't happen

Kerr takes big step forward

A second straight win for the Northern Blues has Carlton-listed youngster Patrick Kerr excited about what lies ahead.

The Blues emphatically accounted for their suburban rival Coburg at Piranha Park yesterday, running away with a 62-point win.

It was Northern’s biggest win in their two years under the guidance of senior coach Josh Fraser, and capped off a perfect weekend from a Carlton perspective.

I'd written him off from the start; purely out of the evolutionary survival theory where the runt is sacrificed so as to give the stronger a better chance of thriving. In our case it was the player I saw as having the least innate talent as opposed to the actual runt in Zac Fisher. ;) Seems I might not have given him enough credit.

I'd written him off from the start; purely out of the evolutionary survival theory where the runt is sacrificed so as to give the stronger a better chance of thriving. In our case it was the player I saw as having the least innate talent as opposed to the actual runt in Zac Fisher. ;) Seems I might not have given him enough credit.
He was an extremely talented, but one-dimensional forward, who was quick off the mark and marked the ball at the highest point.

He's now working extremely hard to cover ground, which is great to see. His draft position was about right, but he's taken his chance with a vice-like grip.

He was an extremely talented, but one-dimensional forward, who was quick off the mark and marked the ball at the highest point.

He's now working extremely hard to cover ground, which is great to see. His draft position was about right, but he's taken his chance with a vice-like grip.
Is he any more one dimensional than Shache? He is an U18 FF playing in a comp where they have to maintain position in the forward line. Doesn't really allow for a more rounded game unless you are tall enough to ruck. He was a massive slider and is showing why he should have gone much earlier despite poor agility testing and the poor sucesss rate of key forwards outside the first round.

Is he any more one dimensional than Shache? He is an U18 FF playing in a comp where they have to maintain position in the forward line. Doesn't really allow for a more rounded game unless you are tall enough to ruck. He was a massive slider and is showing why he should have gone much earlier despite poor agility testing and the poor sucesss rate of key forwards outside the first round.
Schache is/was a bigger frame, and was winning the ground ball. Was monstering opponents in every way possible.

I know people like to point out JGM had a good game on him one time, but he also received some absolutely horrible delivery that game that allowed JGM to catch him on the lead.

Schache is/was a bigger frame, and was winning the ground ball. Was monstering opponents in every way possible.

I know people like to point out JGM had a good game on him one time, but he also received some absolutely horrible delivery that game that allowed JGM to catch him on the lead.
Speaking of JGM where is he?
Didn't see him on the live strean and he is not on the injury list.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still, arguably the least talented of the group given his lack of versatility. However, that was also the knock on Fev before he was drafted.

Still, arguably the least talented of the group given his lack of versatility. However, that was also the knock on Fev before he was drafted.
I remember Fev turning on a 5 cent piece in his draft highlights and thumping it across his body and putting it through post hight from about 50.
A lot more quicker and agile than Kerr with a lethal right foot, but had an average tank.

I remember Fev turning on a 5 cent piece in his draft highlights and thumping it across his body and putting it through post hight from about 50.
A lot more quicker and agile than Kerr with a lethal right foot, but had an average tank.

I remember him chasing down one of the quickest players in the draft pool in the TAC Cup (don't know if was called that back then) final and he never missed a goal. To be fair, the claim was not precisely his lack of versatility (I was paraphrasing) but something like the lack of any definitive AFL quality. I would have thought his strengths were obvious, despite also having some obvious weaknesses.

Where do Blues fans see this guy? I remember watching a VFL game where he slotted a few with all the attention on McKay is there room for Kerr?

Where do Blues fans see this guy? I remember watching a VFL game where he slotted a few with all the attention on McKay is there room for Kerr?
A lead up centre half forward with McKay taking the role that Casboult plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back