Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

May be AFL ready when he is 24/25yo. He was so far off AFL standard it was embarrassing. Never used his pace or crumbing talents to anyone's advantage. Looked overwhelmed and scared. Having said that, there was something hiding in the background hence I haven't lost all faith in Phoenix.

I thought I will share that Spicer will be playing in our VFL side

Played some decent footy in the NTFL recently, so he should have a bit of an impact VFL level. At this stage though, that’s definitely his level.

Wish the kid well though, he was unfairly maligned on these parts.

No he wasn't.
Saw him tear up brisbane reserves team playing an outside running game. (The one where Comben made his come back and kicked 4 in the first half). Most of his junior footy footage seemed to be in that role and not saying he'd have made it as a wingman but I don't think he was ever a small forward. Wish him the best of luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys he was terrible. Looked slow despite being quick, was scared of going for anything resembling a contested football. The highlight we just saw was the ball luckily falling to him and him throwing it on the boot as quickly as possible to avoid getting tackled.

Guys he was terrible. Looked slow despite being quick, was scared of going for anything resembling a contested football. The highlight we just saw was the ball luckily falling to him and him throwing it on the boot as quickly as possible to avoid getting tackled.
You weren't impressed with standing still with hands on hips at the stoppage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back