Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

He is way faster than his combine time.

I once played footy with a kid like that. Had never played before but we got him cos we were struggling for numbers., Came straight from a mission where Tony Mundine and his more famous kid lived. Seemed fairly slow during the warm up. We were struggling for numbers as I mentioned. One of our other ring ins was that year's stall gift winner, Aaron Stubbs.

I've told this story before but its relevent noiw.

At one point Stubbs and the kid, whose name I forget, were chasing the ball flat out. This kid ran past Aaron with the sort of acceleration our brand new Firebird showed above. Just made the current Stawell champion look like he was treading water. Tarryn has a bit of that about him too. Just the ability to continually accelerate till he looks like he is running over 10m/s.

I've only ever noticed a few indigenous kids and a couple of Olympic finalists shift up a gear like that when going flat out.

Boomer was similar in that he had above average pace but given his elusiveness and confidence with ball in hand looked like greased lightening out on the field.

Spicer does look like he needs to work on his disposal though going by the short one game highlights clip.

What's the optimum weight for someone of his size?
Are we looking for him to put on an easy 10kgs to be AFL ready or more like 20?

130299504_993933617765886_4067950220382159833_n.jpg

What's the optimum weight for someone of his size?
Are we looking for him to put on an easy 10kgs to be AFL ready or more like 20?

Boomer was 167cm and 75kg towards the end of his career. I would think at least 75kg by the time he hits his peak weight should be a ballpark.

Bang on mate, He's not only a "flyer" just on the footy field either...He's a pocket dynamo...

Awesome, cheers.

Is that another Rankine there, Izak's little bro or cuz? I checked them out. Not a bad athletic squad either. Some fast kids in there.

Anyway I checked out his times from the state champs in Feb. (u20).

100m = 11.69 in the heat and 11.81 in the final (6th).

200m = 23.66 (h) 23.55 (f). (7th)

400m = he ran 51.7 in the final, came fifth.

He is competing as an under age kid too I reckon cos he turned 18 about a month earlier and was competing in the u20s. The times are okay, especially the 400. Means he can gut run pretty fast. And his acceleration is unreal.

Same weight as Jake Neade who competed in the AFL pretty well early doors.

Same weight as Jake Neade who competed in the AFL pretty well early doors.

Just needs to play it smart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say I've seen much of him in all honesty.

Based on his vision, he can be as fast as the roadrunner, it means nought if he coughs it up at the end of it.

Highlights and all, but he needs to clean up his kicking at the next level.

Brady plucked Liam Ryan out, I hope this kid is half as good.

Welcome aboard Turbo

Not sure you can pluck dog's balls :think:.

Welcome, Spicey!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back