Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

He's really gotta clean up his kicking.
Had some good kicks on the run today but was kicking really wide in the static drills near the end of the session.
Poor JHF had to run through another drill to chase the ball.
This kid could be anything.
Same as game day unfortunately; phoenix got a bit of it against the dogs playing on a wing in the game at Footscray early last season, and pretty much every kick was a grubber

Just at the minute, there’s a lot to be quiet about

That increase in size in one year is telling. He's obviously doing the work and he's going to fill into a very nice size.

He may never have Brad Hill's kick, but if he can stick tackles his pace and nuggty size will be a weapon.

He also showed an instinctive ability to rove packs in his 1 game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want him to get his body right so bad.

Just the way he reads the drop of the ball in the f50 with his electric pace is what we need so desperately.

Seems to have adopted the Garner soft tissue curse. Hasn't had a decent run at it since arriving.

Lucky he's signed up till 2023, hardly been any time at the club he's been fit.
He played consistently in his first year, and, umm, he wasn't much good. Saying that, I want all our young blokes to kick on, but I have to say I was mystified as to the contract extension based on his exposed form, which was limited. Dermott Bremerton got himself in a lather about Phoenix's AFL debut, but I saw a lot of him in the VFL that year, and I just didn't see an AFL player in the making

Ligma turn it up, has shown absolutely nothing to warrant a list spot. Cant kick, cant tackle, struggles to impact the score board. Good kid but not an AFL player.

He shows glimpses during intraclub games? * sake, im touching 40 and i’d ******* show glimpses during an intraclub at Arden St

Ligma turn it up, has shown absolutely nothing to warrant a list spot. Cant kick, cant tackle, struggles to impact the score board. Good kid but not an AFL player.
Bruh shut the * up lol. Stop looking for a fight just because I disagreed with that your saying.

What are his attributes worthy of a list spot? Go on..
I have literally stated my reasons in the past, I don’t need to say them again.

I have literally stated my reasons in the past, I don’t need to say this
Runs past the ball, out of position, can’t front an centre clean, cant apply real pressure, cant mark, cant kick.. which of these do you disagree with? He’ll be 21 years old soon if not already, * sake. I have seen absolutely nothing to warrant a list spot. Paul Curtis has shown more in 5 minutes compared to this bloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back