Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Lmao they’ve edited literally every kick out of that. I wonder why… 😂
Was thinking the same thing, very underwhelming highlight package.

But regardless, rapt he is getting a game, not expecting him to set the world on fire but he could be one of those players that play and look a lot better with better quality players around him.

Good luck to the kid.

Was thinking the same thing, very underwhelming highlight package.

But regardless, rapt he is getting a game, not expecting him to set the world on fire but he could be one of those players that play and look a lot better with better quality players around him.

Good luck to the kid.
Looked to be cruising most of the time, speed wise…….he’s got pretty clean hands and looks very balanced. Have heard the rumours he’s not great by foot, but first part is winning the ball and I reckon he goes all right in the area.

Lmao they’ve edited literally every kick out of that. I wonder why… 😂
It'll be a fine line with him. We need him to use his pace at every opportunity. With that, his ball use is going to be effected. I'll be surprised if he becomes an elite user, but his run and carry is as good as any draftee we've brought into the club from memory. He's obviously very raw & expectations need to be managed. We will likely see some amazing things & some frustrating things, as he develops.

Put him side by side with Aaron Hall in Pre-Season I reckon.

Needs to learn from someone who's been able to really steady his kicks at full tilt.

Jason Castagna is an absolute ball butcher, but has managed to become a valuable role player for the Tiges, I'm sure Phoenix will be fine.

This looks good.. I think..

NORTH MELBOURNE
In:
A.Bosenavulagi, S.Atley, P.Spicer
Out: J.Ziebell (calf), C.Comben (collarbone), B.Scott (omitted), L.Young (medi-sub)

New: Phoenix Spicer

Last week's sub: L.Young (unused)

Been loving the way the boys are celebrating one anothers acheivements this year. In a year when we're bottom of the ladder you'd think the feeling would be low, but they're making wacky videos and posts for more of our young crops debut. We've got some real characters on our hands, it's a special time to be a North supporter.

Congrats Spiceman, shoot your shot young gun.

NORTH MELBOURNE
In:
Out: J.Ziebell (calf), C.Comben (collarbone), B.Scott (omitted), L.Young (medi-sub)

You're right though I'm mightily disappointed not to see Lazzaro in those Ins. We need to be bringing in players based on form and he's been tearing it up in the 2s (when he's had the opportunity) consistently for weeks now.

NORTH MELBOURNE
In:

Walker to ruck then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phoenix Spicer

Last 10 players to wear No.36

Josh Williams (2017) 2 games
Joel Tippett (2014-15) 7 games
Shannon Watt (1998-2009) 155 games
Mark Stevens (1995-97) 21 games
Jose Romero (1988-92) 58 games
Graeme Atkins (1982-86) 61 games
Stephen Icke (1975-81) 120 games
Neil Brown (1972) 2 games
Brian Neal (1969-70) 5 games
Gavan McCarthy (1965) 2 games

Phoenix Spicer is North player No.1038
Player 38 – Jack Nolan (1926) 9 games
Player 138 – Les Jones (1931) 2 games
Player 238 – Harry Green (1937-46) 46 games
Player 338 – Ted Turner (1944-46) 16 games
Player 438 – Peter Hamilton (1952-57) 55 games
Player 538 – Barney Howard (1962) 2 games
Player 638 – Leo Groenewegen (1971) 5 games
Player 738 – Ian Fairley (1983-96) 217 games
Player 838 – Matthew Capuano (1994-2000) 82 games
Player 938 – Scott McMahon (2007-15) 124 games

Alphabetically he comes between
Peter Spencer (1981-82) 24 games
Col Spratling (1941-43) 18 games

All Phoenixs to play for North
Seriously?

All P.S. initials to play for North
Peter Schofield (1957-60) 50 games
Peter Steward (1962-70) 126 games
Peter Spencer (1981-82) 24 games
Peter Smith (1981-86) 36 games
Paul Spargo (1985-92) 81 games

NORTH MELBOURNE
In:

Farewell game for Atley?

So weird. Only last night I was watching highlights of Phoenix and thinking "Bloody hell he moves like LT".

Then this morning they give him his debut video and LT announces it.

Good luck Spicey! Tear it up.

Looked to be cruising most of the time, speed wise…….he’s got pretty clean hands and looks very balanced. Have heard the rumours he’s not great by foot, but first part is winning the ball and I reckon he goes all right in the area.
Good luck to him 👍
This the first time I think we are giving a kid a game prematurely so far this season from what I’ve seen of him.
He’s Very raw , light framed & idid not see him light up the world in any of his VFL games. But he does have lightning speed & can find the footy .
Just needs to slow down by 10% when kicking the footy & he will be ok though .
It’s the last round of the 2021 season so why not give our 5th from 5 (2020 draft year recruits) a game 👍
Go out & kill it Phoenix 👍💪

No, what Souva and Fordy did was a joke. What you did was a hackneyed cliche. Seriously, when was "don't give up your day job" last considered funny? 1973?

In your rush to be offended, you have clearly missed the 'joke' which was a light hearted dig at their acting ability, not the skit.

Then you spew all of this ‘too cool for school’ BS. Use your democratic right and hit the block button. Failing that, I hope you’re night gets better.

Last edited:
This might have been said before but this looks like a farewell for Shaun Atley. If so, all the very best mate, you have been a great contributor over a long period of time. Thanks.

Last edited:
This might have been said before but this looks like a farewell for Sean Atley. If so, all the very best mate, you have been a great contributor over a long period of time. Thanks.

Such a good player over a long period of time that you're getting his name wrong Horrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back