Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure did, lacks nothing on the score of hardness/courage and attack on the ball/player.

When I chatted with my contact in SA who’d worked closely with Phoenix for awhile I said “we just need to put some muscle on him” he fired back “no, he’s so elusive and lacks nothing when it comes to courage. He needs to maintain his speed and mobility. Just let him loose and he’ll amaze!”

When I chatted with my contact in SA who’d worked closely with Phoenix for awhile I said “we just need to put some muscle on him” he fired back “no, he’s so elusive and lacks nothing when it comes to courage. He needs to maintain his speed and mobility. Just let him loose and he’ll amaze!”
My only slight knock on Phoenix would be his kicking can be a little inconsistent at pace but I totally agree with your contact. I'm sure he'll put on some size/strength naturally without effecting his speed and agility now he's a "full time" footballer in an AFL system

Was served tea on a silver tray sitting on the roof of a train from Jaisalmer to Delhi...great memories...20++ years ago. Remember arguing with a guy about cricket. He said Merv Hughes has scored a bundle with the bat and Borrder had taken 5 of 6 wickets and I suggested he got them back to front. But he knew his stuff.
15 years ago on a train from Mangalore to Bangalore the guy sitting opposite me talked cricket for at least 13 of the 14 hours of that journey. He also insisted I looked like Ricky Ponting and anytime his phone rang he excitedly told the person at the other end he was talking to an Aussie who looked like Ricky Ponting.

I get compared in looks to several famous people such as Telly Savals, Moby, Yul Brynner, John Malcovich etc etc, but never Ricky ******* Ponting. Can only assume it was the technique of my shadow batting when I stood up to stretch.

My only slight knock on Phoenix would be his kicking can be a little inconsistent at pace but I totally agree with your contact. I'm sure he'll put on some size/strength naturally without effecting his speed and agility now he's a "full time" footballer in an AFL system
This question is based solely on the few internet highlights I've watched, but is he very biased to his right side? Few clips he looks to run backwards out of trouble to get back on to the right peg. Not sure how that will go against a higher standard of defensive pressure.

That said I hope the kid gets a chance to take the game on.

This question is based solely on the few internet highlights I've watched, but is he very biased to his right side? Few clips he looks to run backwards out of trouble to get back on to the right peg. Not sure how that will go against a higher standard of defensive pressure.

That said I hope the kid gets a chance to take the game on.

You can be one sided when no one can catch you mate.

It's more about delivery.

15 years ago on a train from Mangalore to Bangalore the guy sitting opposite me talked cricket for at least 13 of the 14 hours of that journey. He also insisted I looked like Ricky Ponting and anytime his phone rang he excitedly told the person at the other end he was talking to an Aussie who looked like Ricky Ponting.

I get compared in looks to several famous people such as Telly Savals, Moby, Yul Brynner, John Malcovich etc etc, but never Ricky ******* Ponting. Can only assume it was the technique of my shadow batting when I stood up to stretch.

Not called Dwayne Johnson or Vin Diesel so much?

maybe it was the manly way you adjusted your box?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tackles like Taylor Garner - they all stick and result in the player with the ball being caught AND thrown to the ground. It's a great attribute to have.

He will need to adjust to the bigger bodies in the AFL but the technique and desire to tackle with intent (and not just stick an arm out) is there.

The pace factor is a real point of difference for us.

it's not out of the question that he gets a game early - especially if we get a couple of injuries in the forward 50.

F**k. I used to get the Blue Wiggle. I'd take Ponting anyday !

was the blue wiggle the one who collapsed on stage ?:rolleyes:

ps they've just deemed the wiggles can tour NZ and allowed them a spot in quarantine...essential workers apparently....................Gone down like pork scratchings at a Mosque with the NZ public . Fair enough too when you have families that have been apart for over a year and cant get a spot in our quarantine facilities and then watch some kids performers come in.

was the blue wiggle the one who collapsed on stage ?:rolleyes:

ps they've just deemed the wiggles can tour NZ and allowed them a spot in quarantine...essential workers apparently....................Gone down like pork scratchings at a Mosque with the NZ public . Fair enough too when you have families that have been apart for over a year and cant get a spot in our quarantine facilities and then watch some kids performers come in.

images.jpeg-36.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back