Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
Exciting prospect and ant wait to see him play, but needs to put on a bit of muscle. I saw McKay tackle him at training and had to ease off on the tackle otherwise I feel he would have snapped him in half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snake_Baker

President of the 140K likes club
Suspended
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I saw McKay tackle him at training and had to ease off on the tackle otherwise I feel he would have snapped him in half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I noticed this more than once also. The players are clearly conscious of not buckling him too hard. It won't happen in a match.

I'd give him a while yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Day Off
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why did he only get some minutes at the end?

Turner was spudding it up all game, surely we could have given him some minutes in the first half.

Isn't that what practice matches are for?

Phillips also. Disappointing imo.

The Filth Wizard

These Meats Are Spoiled
Jul 26, 2007
The Throne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Gold City Royals
Why did he only get some minutes at the end?

Turner was spudding it up all game, surely we could have given him some minutes in the first half.

Isn't that what practice matches are for?

Phillips also. Disappointing imo.
It was the last hitout before the season kicks off, you've still got to present some semblance of the side that's going to run out in Rd 1. At this stage, that side certainly doesn't include Spicer and Powell/Lazarro are tracking ahead of Phillips.

Kangaroos4eva

Premium Platinum
Aug 22, 2012
QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
It was the last hitout before the season kicks off, you've still got to present some semblance of the side that's going to run out in Rd 1. At this stage, that side certainly doesn't include Spicer and Powell/Lazarro are tracking ahead of Phillips.
Spicer will be fine. Has got the necessary attributes and ball winning to build form in the vfl until he’s ready. Still raw.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Day Off
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well how can I fill my Spicer Ferry if he doesn't get enough airtime?!

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Thought showed plenty.

Buzzing around. Fast.

Sure he isn't ready but exciting when he is.
How good was it to see a North player actually capable of closing in on an opponent?

I try to remember Byron needed a year to break in. On the other hand Phoenix isn’t exactly competing with the 1996 premiership team for a spot.

Remove this Banner Ad