Delisted 36. Tom Ruggles (2016-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel McL Stay the **** away. The Rug is my boy and you ruined the last bandwagon :oops: :D

Haha don't worry he's all yours, loved his debut hope he keeps it up, but my new man is already Gardner :D

Not gonna pump him up like I did with JJ though aha just gonna hope he can put some consistent performances together in the VFL & perhaps be pushing for a debut towards the end of this year/start of next year :thumbsu:

Menzel, Thurlow & Cocky are my Top 3 though ;) (Yes I have a Top 5 List shutup)

An observation I've made after watching Tom play a few games.. he likes to get into the oppositions ear a bit doesn't he? Against Port was an obvious one but there was a moment on Friday night where a couple of the Adelaide players looked to be taken aback by something he said.

I'm glad he is mostly backing up whatever he is saying too, he reminds me of the teams 2007 style, hard at it and never short of an opinion on field.

An observation I've made after watching Tom play a few games.. he likes to get into the oppositions ear a bit doesn't he? Against Port was an obvious one but there was a moment on Friday night where a couple of the Adelaide players looked to be taken aback by something he said.

I'm glad he is mostly backing up whatever he is saying too, he reminds me of the teams 2007 style, hard at it and never short of an opinion on field.

It's more than verbal, I think.

Ruggles has performed exceptionally well this year unfortunately for him as it is for most Cats players, the second season is a lot tougher than the first.

Ruggles has been delisted by the club.

A great effort to force his way in, and maybe a bit stiff to not get aRookie spot back, but with Zuthrie, Bews, 2E et al.... perhaps he just was the last man standing.

Thanks for all the work Tom.

GO Catters

Ruggles has been delisted by the club.

A great effort to force his way in, and maybe a bit stiff to not get aRookie spot back, but with Zuthrie, Bews, 2E et al.... perhaps he just was the last man standing.

Thanks for all the work Tom.

GO Catters
I'm really devo that Ruggles was delisted. Seems players who suffer collar bone injuries find it hard to get back. Varcoe was out of form for quite a while following his collar bone injury, as did Smedts. Agree with you Daz, "maybe a bit stiff to not get aRookie spot back, but with Zuthrie, Bews, 2E" couldn't keep his spot. Loved the way he forced his way into the team, it was a great story + he showed potential. Also, perhaps the Club prefer to focus on Kittens, with Tuohy as the mature defender ???

Afl.com.au suggests Ruggles may be taken by Geelong either in the draft ( unlikely ) or in the rookie draft. Confirmed by Scott, Ruggles is training and using the Geelong facilities.

He's not gone yet Ruggles fans!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back