Remove this Banner Ad

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I am genuinely surprised how far away Martyn looked last night. He was not anywhere near the standard, which is okay because he's young and developing but how bad are RCD and Naish going if they thought this guy was ready to debut before them getting picked?
Im not going to judge the kid on that game

Honestly i think the pressure and intensity of the game last night was just as high as any of the finals we played last year and port have a very big strong midfield. Kid was playing his 1st real game in 18 months

He will learn from that and will be much better next time

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Im not going to judge the kid on that game

Honestly i think the pressure and intensity of the game last night was just as high as any of the finals we played last year and port have a very big strong midfield. Kid was playing his 1st real game in 18 months

He will learn from that and will be much better next time
No one's writing off his career, but we judge a debut game based on the debut performance, he doesn't have to star but he was a liability. One of the poorer first games from our players I can remember.

I'm not trying to crucify him or write him off, he will learn now what's required, I blame the match committee more than anything. Kid was thrown into an incredibly tough situation.

What I am concerned about though was that he was considered a better option than RCD for example. That's a damning thing and I have no idea why he's so far away still in his 3rd year.

Bojangles17

Hall of Famer
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
I wouldn’t judge the kid debuting in such a torrid game , wouldn’t care if he got another though I think one of will make way and likely Martyn , Ralphsmith will come in , that might be for aarts spot who’s having very little impact

Bojangles17

Hall of Famer
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
No one's writing off his career, but we judge a debut game based on the debut performance, he doesn't have to star but he was a liability. One of the poorer first games from our players I can remember.

I'm not trying to crucify him or write him off, he will learn now what's required, I blame the match committee more than anything. Kid was thrown into an incredibly tough situation.

What I am concerned about though was that he was considered a better option than RCD for example. That's a damning thing and I have no idea why he's so far away still in his 3rd year.
That’s all got nothing to do with Martyn and everything to do with RCD limited output at vfl relative to Martyn and Ross

Vassp

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Harder than ever to play your first game, speed of the game is off the charts, if our seasoned players are going to mess up some times what are you going to expect from a first gamer?

NZ_Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
Thought Mansell was passable in his overall game. Can see good signs in him moving forward. Martyn on the other hand that was very underwhelming.

I guess they will give RCD, Naish, Ralphsmith a game sooner rather than later.
I thought he was awful. We shuffled him to the easiest matchups but his ball use was poor. Forced our better ball users to play tighter.

Martyn was ineffective inside and we tried to hide him at HFF but pretty much played a rotation short as he rode the bench most of the game. When he did get involved on wing he was a momentum killer.

Our bottom two players the last three weeks have killed us. So thanks mr Stack and Mr Coleman-Jones, we could of really done with both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bojangles17

Hall of Famer
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
I thought he was awful. We shuffled him to the easiest matchups but his ball use was poor. Forced our better ball users to play tighter.

Martyn was ineffective inside and we tried to hide him at HFF but pretty much played a rotation short as he rode the bench most of the game. When he did get involved on wing he was a momentum killer.

Our bottom two players the last three weeks have killed us. So thanks mr Stack and Mr Coleman-Jones, we could of really done with both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make a good point about those two , at least CCJ has been playing vfl and I really expect to be an inclusion v saints . More I think of it Stacky could still play a role as our small forward stocks are dwindling with no one at this stage firming a spot . Here’s hoping he can come to hand reasonably well and be a genuine chance in a months tme

Remove this Banner Ad