Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Dow needs the clippers too.

they are however encouraged to grow Viking/mountain men beards ala Vlastuin.
Dow is a country bumpkin though. He will learn.

What's Ralphsmith's excuse. I reckon his dad probably played with Trevor Barker or some s**t.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Dow is a country bumpkin though. He will learn.

What's Ralphsmith's excuse. I reckon his dad probably played with Trevor Barker or some s**t.

Will have to wash the St Kilda man/failure bullshit, or whatever their Richmond man equivalent is, out of him. Cutting the hair might be enough.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I have a feeling we wanted Martyn more than Cumberland, but needed to draw Brisbane's last pick out with Cumberland, perhaps. When Brisbane passed, I'll bet there was a feeling in the recruitment team that the Martyn was going to be matched - little did anyone but Brisbane know they were intent on getting a natural backman in Jaxon Prior (son of Bomber Michael Prior). Martyn is very classy, probably not as much a standout in footy mad Victoria, but on the fast decks of Qld he handles the ball so well, looks to have time and space. Again, Brisbane getting the surprise drifter of Deven Robertson probably played a part in the thinking here. Could really be a case of their loss is our gain if he can settle in well. Will probably surprise a few.
Grigg replacement?!?

Can find the ball which puts him ahead of a few of the boys we have drafted last few years happy to add him to fridge and Ross and see him team up with rcd in the twos

Will be interesting to see how he goes let’s be honest will always be compared to Bianco and other players who were rated higher on the draft boards but Richmond clearly rates the lions academy we took chol from there now these two kids and we also tried to steal hipwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1574993544297.png

Will Martyn plays like comparisons from Champion Data

Note - they aren't saying they'll be the same quality, just the type of player they are similar to in style

Last edited:
Grigg replacement?!?

Not that big mate, plus Grigger played taller than his 190. This kid is smaller - so far. I might get mocked for this, but WTF, but I see a bit Simon Black about him. The body positioning at times when he sets to handball, how he squeezes his kicks neatly at times. Might be I want to see it, who knows, but he's that sort of body size, or will be, a ball getter and distributor.

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Can find the ball which puts him ahead of a few of the boys we have drafted last few years happy to add him to fridge and Ross and see him team up with rcd in the twos

Will be interesting to see how he goes let’s be honest will always be compared to Bianco and other players who were rated higher on the draft boards but Richmond clearly rates the lions academy we took chol from there now these two kids and we also tried to steal hipwood

Nah draft ratings/phantom drafts are just a bit of giggle, list management is the key
Won't be compared to anyone else by me, he is Will Martyn and all ways will be

Back