Player Watch #37: Connor Menadue

Remove this Banner Ad

Markov has a few more strings to his bow now given he can play forward and on the wing. Has the same speed and endurance attributes too.

I knew this year would be tough to find players to move on. Speaks volumes of the depth of the list that we have to let quality players go sadly
your avatar is interesting

I don't think we are losing anything we don't already have in spades. Hope he gets picked up though. Would like to see him get a decent run at it.

Markov has a few more strings to his bow now given he can play forward and on the wing. Has the same speed and endurance attributes too.

I knew this year would be tough to find players to move on. Speaks volumes of the depth of the list that we have to let quality players go sadly
i wouldnt say markov has shown any more than menadue though. he looked completely lost at both levels except for a purple patch around the finals in 17. i reckon menadue showed a bit, perhaps unlucky that he was behind ellis and kmac for a pure wing role. markov is an instant delist once his contract is up, menadue has the potential to become a good player at another club if he is picked up.

i wouldnt say markov has shown any more than menadue though. he looked completely lost at both levels except for a purple patch around the finals in 17. i reckon menadue showed a bit, perhaps unlucky that he was behind ellis and kmac for a pure wing role. markov is an instant delist once his contract is up, menadue has the potential to become a good player at another club if he is picked up.

Markov has shown nowhere near as much as Menadue. Oleg is on borrowed time unless he produces something out of the ordinary for him in '20.
I doubt he'll feature much.
Would be 10 or so not in the GF side ahead of him.

Yeah I agree, I reckon Markov would've got cut instead of the Due if he hadn't got that two year extension

I was always hopeful that Menadue would come along. Has great potential.
He played a few good games at VFL, but if I'm honest, Silvestro always stood out more to me. And I would assume there are better draft and rookie options than Silvestro, hence also better than Menadue.

Physically now he is ready, and football skills have always been good enough for AFL, just seems to be missing something mentally, that killer instinct that you need to have at AFL level all game every game. Not unusual for skinny players to have that, Edwards for example early on. Would be worth a rookie pic for at Freo for example, especially with losing Hill. But he would need to develop a much tougher attitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back