Player Watch #37: Connor Menadue

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed him talking a fair bit with Shane after the game. He should try and learn a bit from him especially Shane's sideways movement and evasiveness. Would add a lot to his game. He has great straight ahead speed but a bit of sideways agility and quicker hands would really see him grow a few levels.

I like the kid and what he has to offer the team, Not doing enough yet but needs to find his place and confidence at this level
Giving him games is part of his development and happy to do it and watch him get better - Still 12 months away both physically and experience wise but can see signs of something good

I like the kid and what he has to offer the team, Not doing enough yet but needs to find his place and confidence at this level
Giving him games is part of his development and happy to do it and watch him get better - Still 12 months away both physically and experience wise but can see signs of something good
Agree...

Valuable pace on the outside. Did some defensive things that were impressive. Makes good second efforts.

We shouldn’t overlook the value of a combination of height and speed. With him on one wing and KMac on the other, it adds another layer to our intercept marking. Those guys sag off their opponent, guard the dangerous space and then move in quickly for the spoil or mark if the oppo kick isn’t perfect.

I like him in the team. He should stay in until Houli is ready.

Dave P.

Was impressed with Connor tonight as he was doing a lot more running and was up with the tempo of the game. Definitely gets another game as his pace was great.
You would think those long dashes thru middle of mcg will give him great confidence, I’m sure he can step up from this level to really impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a fan of this kid, thought he might come on a bit quicker than he has but not sacking him just yet.

Presently though, if Houli is fit and playing then I think him and K-Mac are playing for the same spot. Even though K-Mac hasn't been great I don't think Connor has announced the spot is his just yet.

Tough team to break into if you're lacking some strings to your bow, but would be rapt if we could hang onto him.

how old is hee, what was Isaac Smith 's development from Ballarat Uni and Ballarat league to VFA for Ballarat or Bendigo to getting rookie'd fot Hawthorn
He's the same age now that Smith was when he got drafted (in the first round, not the rookie draft).

That run through the middle and goal was very reminiscent of Lids. Loved it.

Just like CEllis though he struggles to get involved.

Was fantastic seeing him back himself in
Plays like that can only build his confidence in his ability to break lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back