Player Watch #37: Connor Menadue

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2nd coming of Fyfe is near

Connor Menadue
26 disposals, six tackles, seven clearances, nine inside-50s and four rebound-50s

“Excellent game, would have been disappointed in dropping back from AFL (level) but certainly didn’t show it.
Played a different role, and adding a new dimension to his game, which is reflected in his 16 contested possessions and seven clearances.”
Great news. That is the only knock on Menadue, the inability to find the ball in close. Sounds like a great game in a new roll. Great for his confidence.

Fan of his but didn't grab the bull by the horns when he had his chance.Line ball if he stays on our list.

I'm sure he'll remian on the list, but his recent foray into the seniors was underwhelming to say the least.
Eight disposals and 10 disposals don't cut it.

I'm sure he'll remian on the list, but his recent foray into the seniors was underwhelming to say the least.
Think he just needs another run in the GF.:D

Needs to start putting together a run of senior performances. He can do it, just needs to believe
Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t think he’s played hb in the 1s which is where he’s been smashing it in the 2s. I think if he could play within that structure (ie with ZRance, Vlas,Grimes etc) he’d find his feet a lot quicker.

Unfortunately for him our back 6 is a hard one to crack at the moment

He did miss alot of preseason with Markov tho.The dash and zip haven't seen it bar that goal against dons.

In the year with Richmond book Dimma says Menadue cant survive on 13 possession games and that he needs to double what hes getting. So hes not keeping a spot until he can hit at least that 18-23 marks most games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t think he’s played hb in the 1s which is where he’s been smashing it in the 2s. I think if he could play within that structure (ie with ZRance, Vlas,Grimes etc) he’d find his feet a lot quicker.

Unfortunately for him our back 6 is a hard one to crack at the moment
100%. Short is in that spot in the 1s. Menadue is potentially very good at it. No reason he can't be - he's quick, beautiful kick. Not bad in the air, but can improve (better than Short though) and defensively needs to improve (as does Short). Menadue is a better runner as well as quicker - can cover more ground both ways.

He did miss alot of preseason with Markov tho.The dash and zip haven't seen it bar that goal against dons.
Yep, came into the season underdone. Still a little behind.

In the year with Richmond book Dimma says Menadue cant survive on 13 possession games and that he needs to double what hes getting. So hes not keeping a spot until he can hit at least that 18-23 marks most games.
He gets 13 playing wing though. If he got to play Short's role, where he would literally be given the ball 10-12 times per game, his numbers would naturally increase.

Hope they play him as a midfielder from now on. Play him where the ball is. Use his pace to break away from congestion.
Long term he is a potential wingman, but currently his lack of size is a handicap.

I like Menadue's weapons and he was a good junior so has the natural talent and ability, Was always going to take time being 187cm and 62kgs
He is the classical player that needs to get to 50 games and 23 years before he really starts to come into his own at this level. Currently very outside but have seen signs that he is now at least trying to get his own ball and becoming more confident in the packs at VFL level and this will also translate to Afl level when he matures and gets some experience at that level

Played like a poor mans Corey Ellis tonight. Fumbled and was caught with the balls continuously tonight
Very disappointed with his game. Played like he had a hand grenade shoved up his rectum. He had a real opportunity playing against a bottom eight side and muffed it up. When you see guys like Higgins and Graham with less experience doing it much better then question marks start to arise.
Markov is the last bloke I want to look at before the seasons over.

Very disappointed with his game. Played like he had a hand grenade shoved up his rectum. He had a real opportunity playing against a bottom eight side and muffed it up. When you see guys like Higgins and Graham with less experience doing it much better then question marks start to arise.
Markov is the last bloke I want to look at before the seasons over.

Yep - very disappointing Ellis and Menadue have both fluffed their lines after solid form in the 2s. However whoever we play in this position is probably just warming the seat for one of Conca and Graham post injury

Yep - very disappointing Ellis and Menadue have both fluffed their lines after solid form in the 2s. However whoever we play in this position is probably just warming the seat for one of Conca and Graham post injury
Graham is booked in for the last five games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back