Player Watch #37: Connor Menadue

Tiger84

Senior List
Sep 7, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Had a good first game back and showed a lot of confidence in his own ability which he has lacked so far in his career. Hopefully it will be a turning point for him with short out for a while and houli starting to pick up a few niggles I think he deserves a crack at half back has the boot and line breaking ability as well as being good overhead

Am a bit surprised by the love. Thought he would be lucky to hold his spot again, though am keen for players to get banks of games to properly prove they have immediate value (or not). Be first out of 22 for mine - no place against the Swans at Marvel, although, at the G is half a sniff.

Last edited:
Am a bit surprised by the love. Thought he would be lucky to hold his spot again, though am keen for players to get banks of games to properly prove they immediate value (or not). Be first out of 22 for mine - no place against the Swans at Marvel, although, at the G is half a sniff.
Maybe Ellis has had a word to Dimma bout an offer and he was already across how bad Markiv’s knee was

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Even though he has struggled at times I still rate him as a prospect. If he can bring all his tool together it will click. Has pretty good decision making and disposal at times.

Based on his output versus Port I think he is far from a lost cause.

Certainly worth further development and opportunity!!

Bobby Sands

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
He’s good again!

Definitely better than Ellis.

So is Turner for that matter. Brandon is the most bizarre football story in recent memory.

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
Stays in for me could be the making of the kid that game at Port , as I think he has a confidence and believe issue not talent.If we can develop him in the guts be a huge plus.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Am a bit surprised by the love. Thought he would be lucky to hold his spot again, though am keen for players to get banks of games to properly prove they have immediate value (or not). Be first out of 22 for mine - no place against the Swans at Marvel, although, at the G is half a sniff.
Hard to know if he has another gear or needs s bit more time to adjust to AFL football.
I’m sitting on the fence with him haven’t written him off but certainly not convinced that he’ll make it.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Hard to know if he has another gear or needs s bit more time to adjust to AFL football.
I’m sitting on the fence with him haven’t written him off but certainly not convinced that he’ll make it.
Hmm now with Markov out action we better get a few more games into Menadue. Injuries to Short, Houli, Markov... depth is being really tested.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Stack's shown more in 2 games than Markov has in his whole career so no big loss IMO.
We've found one in Stacky. And we haven't replaced Rance with a tall. Sheds has moved there. Menadue looked OK at HBF last week. Houli's injury recovery time is becoming a slight concern.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Hmm now with Markov out action we better get a few more games into Menadue. Injuries to Short, Houli, Markov... depth is being really tested.
Others seem to be going past them both.
I’ve written Markov off and I’ve been a believer. He just doesn’t get enough of it. Already we are seeing Turner getting mid 20s I reckon Markov has done that a handful of times in 4-5 seasons.

Menadue really needs to make every post s winner from here on in.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I don't mind Menadue for the moment, im not sure more youth in before the experience returns will work.

Yes I know Stack and Ross have gone great guns, but i'm not sure the skinnier kids will fair as well

Willo_23

Senior List
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Feel a bit for Menadue, at most other clubs he would have had the opportunity to establish himself but he generally only gets a gig when we are a number of foot soldiers down. He's another player that would benefit greatly from some continuity but it's so hard to find a regular spot for him when everyone's healthy.

To me he seems like a guy who we could lose to another club Miles/Lloyd style when his contract is up.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Feel a bit for Menadue, at most other clubs he would have had the opportunity to establish himself but he generally only gets a gig when we are a number of foot soldiers down. He's another player that would benefit greatly from some continuity but it's so hard to find a regular spot for him when everyone's healthy.

To me he seems like a guy who we could lose to another club Miles/Lloyd style when his contract is up.
Cannot play them all in the same side no matter how much promise they have...step up or step away....

Stack's shown more in 2 games than Markov has in his whole career so no big loss IMO.

And Ross has shown more than Stack in half the number of games - every situation has circumstances.

Back