Player Watch #37: Connor Menadue

Remove this Banner Ad

I said it was time to look elsewhere but I must admit that was the best I've seen connor play. He'll have to back it up to have any chance of maintaining a spot. I hope he can.

Agreed

His best game for the Tigers and looked confident and composed with the ball and actually looked dangerous with his kicks and holding onto the ball before releasing at the perfect time to give his team mate space. Also did some things where he put himself in the way of harm to protect a team mate

Good game

Agreed

His best game for the Tigers and looked confident and composed with the ball and actually looked dangerous with his kicks and holding onto the ball before releasing at the perfect time to give his team mate space. Also did some things where he put himself in the way of harm to protect a team mate

Good game

He was assisted by the bigger ground - it's getting better though. May have been tackled trying to be that composed on a smaller deck. Helps when teammates start to get you and make it to better spots - makes everyone look better. He was a pleasure to watch this week.

Good game, great pace and nice composure

Showed he has the scope to belong at the level.

Tricky thing is trying to find a role for him.

I am not sure he is not a mid.forward rather than a defender. He will need to continue to develop physically and enhance his defensive side in terms of tackling etc.. to really open opportunity for himself and the team

Unpopular opinion but think I think Menadue's game has been overrated on the board. The majority of his kicks were short 15m passes sideways or backwards and when he got the ball in space, rather than run and be quick with the ball (as expected of a player of his type) he would often stop, slow up play. He's one of the fastest players in the competition by leg speed but you wouldn't know it watching him play.

Was very promising seeing him get a lot of the ball and lay some good tackles, but his offensive game needs a lot of work. Hopefully he can build some confidence through this game. Looking forward to seeing him grow.

Unpopular opinion but think I think Menadue's game has been overrated on the board. The majority of his kicks were short 15m passes sideways or backwards and when he got the ball in space, rather than run and be quick with the ball (as expected of a player of his type) he would often stop, slow up play. He's one of the fastest players in the competition by leg speed but you wouldn't know it watching him play.

Was very promising seeing him get a lot of the ball and lay some good tackles, but his offensive game needs a lot of work. Hopefully he can build some confidence through this game. Looking forward to seeing him grow.

Didn’t use his pace when he had the option. Nothing wrong with getting caught trying to create something, much better than giving it away with static ball movement.

He showed there’s no reason he can’t make it, he can find and use it but will need to use his elite talent if he wants to have a career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All Men Must Chase..

fut8WVG.gif

"Dud delist" one week, "We might have our very own Issac Smith" the next.

I love the internet.

Not unpopular. Just wrong.

His metres gained argues with you at 423m, 3rd highest for the team and just 4m behind Macca. Had 3rd lowest game time in front of Ross and Nank, to record that metreage as well (I like yardage still). I'll confess he surprised me with that one, thrilled for him too.

Menadue's game in comparison to Menadue's past 35 games is not being overrated though. I think that's what most are saying, it was a massive leap forward for him, not necessarily when compared to Dusty, Lambert etc etc.

I freely admit I’m not Connor’s biggest fan but he was wonderful on Sunday night and does not deserve to be dropped on that performance.

Let’s give him another game against Hawthorn at the very least and see if he can back it up!

Even though I’m not a fan I still want to see the guy succeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back