Player Watch #37 Corey Warner - young Blood Brother

Remove this Banner Ad

COrey turns 19 in October, so still very young.

He looks good in the reserves. He is eager for the ball and his defensive work shows effort. He should bulk up a bit during the off season and its likely he will get a run in the seniors if form/injuries allows a spot to open

and the 3 Morwood brothers: Paul (1977-1982 transferred to St Kilda then Collingwood then back to Sydney 1986), Tony (1978 - 1989 played 229 games) and Shane (1981-1982 then to Collingwood)!
Edit: shall we mention Terry and Anthony Daniher!

and the 3 Morwood brothers: Paul (1977-1982 transferred to St Kilda then Collingwood then back to Sydney 1986), Tony (1978 - 1989 played 229 games) and Shane (1981-1982 then to Collingwood)!
Edit: shall we mention Terry and Anthony Daniher!

Well if we're going that far back then Ricky and Micky O'Loughlin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shock selection this one, I didn't think he was ready based on vfl matches I've seen. That said his attributes (run and speed)are better suited to playing with better ball user's where he might get rewarded with more ball. I hope he goes well but equally hope this isn't good ol sydney nepotism at play.

Assuming Gould and Francis injured. Melican injured again. No KPD depth.

I reckon Fox replaces one of the McCartins.
They move McInerney back to replace the other Mac(he is tall and knows defence).
Corey comes in to replace McInerney on the wing.

My only conclusion.

They move McInerney back to replace the other Mac(he is tall and knows defence).

My only conclusion.

Thinking similar except Blakey moves to KPD and McInerney takes Blakey's role.

My only conclusion.

I was thinking the same or another variation is that Harry is pushed down back (instead of Juzzy) and Corey slots in forward. I think Rampe and Fox will take the key forwards, not Blakey. Given that all of Francis, Gould and Melican are unavailable, thank Christ Fox was ready to come back!

I was thinking the same or another variation is that Harry is pushed down back (instead of Juzzy) and Corey slots in forward. I think Rampe and Fox will take the key forwards, not Blakey. Given that all of Francis, Gould and Melican are unavailable, thank Christ Fox was ready to come back!
I think they would have used Sheldrick forward in this instance.

Agree that Fox and Rampe will be the main KPDs, but I think Blakey is our best bet to play Paddy's role as the looser, intercepting tall. But that will impact his running game.

The fact it's Warner in over Sheldrick or Roberts suggests to me we're moving McInerney back to cover Blakey's run being kess prominent. If it was Cunningham going back then you'd expect Sheldrick in up forward (or Clarke if fit). If it was Mills then you'd expect Roberts in the middle.

That said, I suspect we might try a few different setups. It's going to be a big shake up.

Agree that Fox and Rampe will be the main KPDs, but I think Blakey is our best bet to play Paddy's role as the looser, intercepting tall. But that will impact his running game.

The fact it's Warner in over Sheldrick or Roberts suggests to me we're moving McInerney back to cover Blakey's run being kess prominent. If it was Cunningham going back then you'd expect Sheldrick in up forward (or Clarke if fit). If it was Mills then you'd expect Roberts in the middle.

That said, I suspect we might try a few different setups. It's going to be a big shake up.
I think we'll set up mostly with about 8 or 10 behind the ball zoned with the fast types like the Warners and Stephens and Papley ready to break forward. The three talls are all quite decent at that too, even McLean.
Mills will be the Generalissimo in the absence of Rampe, breaking back from the centre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back