Player Watch #37 Corey Warner - young Blood Brother

Remove this Banner Ad

2 preseasons make a huge difference. I think that Chad has been giving Corey a lot of insight into what's required and has been sharing his programs with him too.
Corey seems to me to have been making good use of it. Chad concentrated on doing what he needed to do and pretty obviously listened to the coaches so I think that bodes well for Corey.
Did you see the rig on who I think was their little brother on draft night vid? Seems he's been on the program already himself. We really do need that family over here so we can get the last two into the academy. Dunno what dad does for a living, but someone needs to give him a job over here.
I think I remember picking the 3rd brother as the hard nut when we drafted Chad and the family posed for a pic. 😂

Did you see the rig on who I think was their little brother on draft night vid? Seems he's been on the program already himself. We really do need that family over here so we can get the last two into the academy. Dunno what dad does for a living, but someone needs to give him a job over here.
I think I remember picking the 3rd brother as the hard nut when we drafted Chad and the family posed for a pic. 😂
Could probably offer him a job as a talent scout 🤣

I’m already loving this whole Warner story. Not just the brothers at the club but the family seem genuinely nice and the mother especially seems thrilled that her two boys get to be together.

It’s a great story. Imagine if they won a premiership together? What a dream that would be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bit of a contrast to the jack family ... which just makes me think again how much i liked kieren jack

I'm absolutely loving this drafting. Chad is a gun, if Corey is anything like him, we have a seriously good deal on our hands. That draft celebration clip fills me with absolute confidence, the family were genuinely ecstatic we drafted him, which is really refreshing, and reassuring as an interstate club.

There's a fair chance the family would relocate to Sydney, particularly if it opens the door for the younger brothers via the academy.

If there's even a slight chance of relocation, the swans will make it happen.

Welcome to the swans Corey!!

I have full confidence you'll bring pride to the #37.

There's a fair chance the family would relocate to Sydney, particularly if it opens the door for the younger brothers via the academy.

If there's even a slight chance of relocation, the swans will make it happen.

With all due respect, I'd find the idea of the whole family moving a little nonsensical. It would seem there are four Warner boys, only two of whom are at the Swans. The other two are in WA where their friends and the rest of their family are, where they'd already be at school, where they would've already grown up etc. Not to mention where the Warner parents would also have their friends and family.

I highly doubt any parent would uproot the lives of two of their children because of decisions the other two children have made for their own careers. If they did, then I'd consider the family mad and not the wholesome, if cult-ish-looking, family that they appear to be.

With all due respect, I'd find the idea of the whole family moving a little nonsensical. It would seem there are four Warner boys, only two of whom are at the Swans. The other two are in WA where their friends and the rest of their family are, where they'd already be at school, where they would've already grown up etc. Not to mention where the Warner parents would also have their friends and family.

I highly doubt any parent would uproot the lives of two of their children because of decisions the other two children have made for their own careers. If they did, then I'd consider the family mad and not the wholesome, if cult-ish-looking, family that they appear to be.

People are being facetious mate. By the way there is also a daughter!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not everyone is attached to their current location.

If the family were open to a move, and the move would improve the chances of the remaining 2 sons finding their way onto the swans list via the academy, after their first 2 sons have already made their way onto the list, it's not the most insane suggestion.

If the family have strong roots in their current community, and don't wish to relocated then fair enough. But to suggest a move is outside the realms is possibility is just nonsense.

Not everyone is attached to their current location.

If the family were open to a move, and the move would improve the chances of the remaining 2 sons finding their way onto the swans list via the academy, after their first 2 sons have already made their way onto the list, it's not the most insane suggestion.

If the family have strong roots in their current community, and don't wish to relocated then fair enough. But to suggest a move is outside the realms is possibility is just nonsense.

We are not the Warner Recruitment Agency, we're the Sydney Swans. The academy was not brought in to help WA boys who will already have a clear pathway onto an AFL list (a pathway that has already worked for the family in question, twice now.) It goes against everything that we as a club and an academy should be striving for. The focus of the academy is supposed to be about increased participation in AFL and broadening the pathways into the game for NSW talents, not using it as an asylum for WA boys to make their way onto an AFL list to be with their brothers. All that does is dilute and corrupt the academy's objectives.

We will not do it, so it makes no sense for the Warner family to move in the hopes of us doing it.

See, instead of any of these stupid Academy shenanigans, what we should do is go into the past, pick Warner's dad, play him 100 times, then come back to current day to pick pick his kids using the father son rule.

Don't know why no one has mentioned this yet.

See, instead of any of these stupid Academy shenanigans, what we should do is go into the past, pick Warner's dad, play him 100 times, then come back to current day to pick pick his kids using the father son rule.

Don't know why no one has mentioned this yet.

100 x medical sub. It's do-able

We are not the Warner Recruitment Agency, we're the Sydney Swans. The academy was not brought in to help WA boys who will already have a clear pathway onto an AFL list (a pathway that has already worked for the family in question, twice now.) It goes against everything that we as a club and an academy should be striving for. The focus of the academy is supposed to be about increased participation in AFL and broadening the pathways into the game for NSW talents, not using it as an asylum for WA boys to make their way onto an AFL list to be with their brothers. All that does is dilute and corrupt the academy's objectives.

We will not do it, so it makes no sense for the Warner family to move in the hopes of us doing it.
Sure the Swans won’t engineer it.
But there’s nothing to stop the Warner family moving east and they’d surely be accepted into the Academy.

Then it’s up to them.

But there’s nothing to stop the Warner family moving east and they’d surely be accepted into the Academy.

Then it’s up to them.

Sure. If that's what we want our academy to become, then I would stand corrected.

Then it’s up to them.
Should be measures to prevent this from happening. Basically draft manipulation if a family moves into the region or a team to be picked by them.

If they did it we the academy would be put into question for all the wrong reasons.

Should be measures to prevent this from happening. Basically draft manipulation if a family moves into the region or a team to be picked by them.

If they did it we the academy would be put into question for all the wrong reasons.

There are measures in place, basically to be eligible as an academy pick you need to spend 5 seasons in the academy, the academy needs to document the training provided and the player must spend their under 18 season enrolled in the academy.

If the family did decide to move to Sydney the next Warner son would not be eligible as an academy pick and would go to the open draft as he would not spend 5 seasons in the Swans academy. So I think its safe to rule this idea out.

Big chance the third Warner will end up in the draft in 2025 (?). The question is "How many Warners are too many?".
Even at 14 he looks pretty athletic.
And there's one more! Yikes!

Big chance the third Warner will end up in the draft in 2025 (?). The question is "How many Warners are too many?".
Even at 14 he looks pretty athletic.
And there's one more! Yikes!

Plus the tough nut little sister. I can see her as our franchise player in our AFLW Team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back