Past Daniel Gorringe

Remove this Banner Ad

good pick up. cost nothing and a potential star. has the ability just needs to put it together. from what ive seen more a mobile running player than a physical player. think rhys stanley type. i think he will suit modern game and could be a good foil for kruezer. looking forward to seeing him in blue

We've signed another big man! All the Best Daniel Gorringe!

GorringNov9Article_620X370.jpg

Was treated terribly by port last year. Courted him all seasonto the point where he told the Suns that he wanted out only for port to say sorry a bigger fish in Ryder has come and we don't want you no more.

Was treated terribly by port last year. Courted him all seasonto the point where he told the Suns that he wanted out only for port to say sorry a bigger fish in Ryder has come and we don't want you no more.

Ah thanks for the info there

So can the lad play?

Welcome aboard Daniel!

Carlton's 1-4 year players have kicked off their pre-season training at Ikon Park today, with another new face among the team.

The Blues have strengthened their ruck stocks by signing former Gold Coast tall Daniel Gorringe.

After five years with the Suns the 23-year-old was looking for a fresh start in 2016 and has been signed by Carlton as a delisted free agent.

When Gorringe was recruited to Gold Coast in 2010 he was touted as the best junior ruckman in the draft, having just been named in the Under 18 All-Australian team.

Since making his debut in Round 3, 2011 v Western Bulldogs, the pick 10 has played 22 senior games for the Suns.

Standing at 200cm tall, the South Australian product will no doubt aid Matthew Kreuzer, Cameron Wood and fellow new recruit Andrew Phillips.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/carlton/news/2015-11-09/gorringe-a-tall-order-for-blues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First player we have recruited not from Craig/Trigg/SOS's old clubs...

Not sure if that means anything, but I found it mildly interesting / reassuring.

Welcome Big Dan!

But he is from Josh Fraser's old club!

Personally I like the pick-up - he has talent and athleticism, Fraser would have seen him close up and he gives us a type of ruckman we don't have - the running ruckman in the Blicavs/Stanley mould (or going back Moore/Stynes or further back before my day John Schultz). I know Kreuzer does a lot of bullocking work and is decently mobile but this guy is a real runner. Well worth a try.

No problems with him as a player but what it does say is that Carlton have absolutely no faith in Kruezer's ability to stay on the field cos we now have Kruezer, Phillips, Wood, Gorringe and Korcheck as well.
One of them will have to develop as a key forward otherwise we will lose them through lack of opportunity.
Hopefully Gorringe will be that forward convert.

Ah thanks for the info there

So can the lad play?

i rate him. He's not a kkp, although it would be interesting to see him at chb. Best position is a wing man like Andrew Embley or dre everitt Sydney version.
High half forward flank would be interesting too.

The Post-Warnock era is on in earnest.

Suggestion we're grooming Gorringe as a Sam Rowe replacement to play on the 200cm guerilla forwards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back