Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a 'no' from me.

Give me George Hewett for the short to medium term and start the project with others.

Clarke''s not showing anything new. Don't get caught up with his ability to accumulate possessions. He was dominant on-ball during his 2019 VFL campaign. We know he can play the game. When he's essentially an old fashioned ruckman, looking to give the hands by default, and someone team mates run around 35m out from goal, it's can't be a 'yes'.

Utterly maddening that one aspect of his game is such a problem but that makes it no less a problem.

It's a 'no' from me.

Give me George Hewett for the short to medium term and start the project with others.

Clarke''s not showing anything new.
Don't get caught up with his ability to accumulate possessions. He was dominant on-ball during his 2019 VFL campaign. We know he can play the game. When he's essentially an old fashioned ruckman, looking to give the hands by default, and someone team mates run around 35m out from goal, it's can't be a 'yes'.

Utterly maddening that one aspect of his game is such a problem but that makes it no less a problem.
I would give him 5 years because I find him fascinating, but this is the important part. We're not seeing anything that we didn't see last season when he came in and played half forward. The difference is not a rabble so of course it's looking better. But if what we saw last season was enough to delist him, then I can't imagine him being renewed unless we're juggling salary cap and list spots in such a way that it makes sense to keep him

View attachment 1207217
This is what we’re building, young kids having fun winning. This is great for our football culture. Thats why Clarke gets resigned. Fits in, knows the system, not expensive on our salary cap, can play a variety of positions.
I agree with the sentiment. Said a couple weeks back it appears he is well liked by the boys and if nothing else he’s depth. With likely retirements (Ambrose, Hooker, Mosquito, Zaharakis) there’s a spot on the list for at least 1 more year.

It's a 'no' from me.

Clarke''s not showing anything new. Don't get caught up with his ability to accumulate possessions. He was dominant on-ball during his 2019 VFL campaign. We know he can play the game. When he's essentially an old fashioned ruckman, looking to give the hands by default, and someone team mates run around 35m out from goal, it's can't be a 'yes'.

His kicking has improved. He is already on the rookie list and proven to be solid depth. All you're doing is giving him another year on the rookie list and he doesnt demand $. No one is talking multiple years or a spot in the best 22. George Hewett can have a spot on the main list if he is interested in joining us as a free agent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel for him. High character guy who gives everything. Would have held up physically in a final, no problem.

I’d have sent Guelfi back and kept Dyl ahead of Marty but coaches see it differently.

Would have been nice to throw a guy round the ball who nails his tackles. Outside of Parish (his hands are amazing) too often our mids would bobble the first touch and then not put enough physical pressure on the Bulldogs players.

Yep, and the weather forecast was there all week for us all to see, should have been in the first dozen or so picked.

Hasn’t got much wrong this year Truck so can’t be too critical but I feel this was a selection error.

Looks like he’s been cut unless the Silvan Slugs are posting his signing as a joke.
Essendon have said that they're waiting until after trade period on whether or not we sign him and Gleeson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back