Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

37 - [PLAYERCARD]Dylan Clarke[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Contract Status: Not offered a contract for 2021
Last Game Played: Round 23, 2021 (omitted)
Injury Status: n/a

Last edited:

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
His kicking in general play is the only thing i think. Goalkicking was excellent. Not sure why taggers aren't in fashion anymore. Ling on Swan in 2011 was a crucial matchup. Graham shutting Sloane out of the 2nd half in 2017. Bet Geelong wish they had prime Ling for Dusty this year.
I can forgive him his field kicking if his role wins us games.

foj1

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2005
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
essendon
One of the few players who defends
is also a real good influence in a rudderless playing group
however extremely unlikely anyone else touches him

MAAAATTDAAAAMON

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2010
NSW
AFL Club
Essendon
Hopefully another team gets him.
Gleeson likewise.

Never liked the idea of demotion/redrafting.

Seems a waste of time for me.
Agree. Make a decision one way or another and another and stick to it. Only think it's OK if it's a vet who can play the Jared Dudley team chemistry role.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It’s still just SO STRANGE to me that he can’t learn to kick the footy. He’s a smart kid, it’s not going to be through lack of application. Maybe he should learn ballet and how to play a drum kit and a bunch of other coordination based new skills. Set up some new neural highways.

Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Packers, Bucks, Pens, M's, Chelsea
It’s still just SO STRANGE to me that he can’t learn to kick the footy. He’s a smart kid, it’s not going to be through lack of application. Maybe he should learn ballet and how to play a drum kit and a bunch of other coordination based new skills. Set up some new neural highways.
Bad habbits are bad habbits

No matter how much you work on mechanics and rehersals - get in the pressure of the game and you will head straight back to the muscle memeory you had when growing up.

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
nah I seriously think hes the worst kick in the comp
Sam Powell-Pepper.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Bad habbits are bad habbits

No matter how much you work on mechanics and rehersals - get in the pressure of the game and you will head straight back to the muscle memeory you had when growing up.
What about Natanui when he started? His kicking was a joke. Basically wasn’t a footballer’s a-hole. He’s now one of the most influential players in the competition.

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
What about Natanui when he started? His kicking was a joke. Basically wasn’t a footballer’s a-hole. He’s now one of the most influential players in the competition.
From a casual glance, one of the very worst kicks in the game in Levi Casboult has improved his kicking quite a bit in the last couple of years.

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
nah I seriously think hes the worst kick in the comp

The irony here is that if I had to choose between Clarke or Daniher 30m out dead in front to kick a goal for my life, I'd pick Clarke 10/10 times.

The irony here is that if I had to choose between Clarke or Daniher 30m out dead in front to kick a goal for my life, I'd pick Clarke 10/10 times.
His set shot is actually really good.

Its the field kicking where it becomes an issue because it’s so loopy.

I would first be getting some good life insurance if this is what your life was depending on.

IMHO BZT is a worse kick than both of them.

His kicking issues are in his action. He has a dinky little double pump in his ball drop he can not get rid of. That is why his kicking in open play or set shots okay but under pressure his kicks go nowhere as he is rushed by his slow ball drop. If he had a normal ball drop he would have played 50 games and we would be talking about how good he is. It is not something he is going to fix. It is in his action. Players like Nic Nat or Casbolt had / have issues with the ball drop not being in line with his leg which is what Joe suffers from when he is going bad.

Back