Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if we should keep him on the list or not but certainly not doing himself any harm.
Clarke, Gleeson, Phillips, Guelfi have all played some solid footy in the seniors this year.

All could lay claims to being quality AFL depth I'd say. I don't have anything against any of them but my ordered preference for keeping them would be:
Phillips, Guelfi, Clarke then Gleeson.

Sorry guys

But Dylan Clarke’s ball drop has improved and his kicking with it

Sorry guys

But Dylan Clarke’s ball drop has improved and his kicking with it

100%

He’ll obviously never be Buckley but everything about his kicking is better than 18 months ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just seems to know how to use his body in contests. Marking contests as well just knows how to move people.
Funnily enough he is probably our only mid that either can do it (the others can't) or chooses to do it (the others refuse) regularly.

Everyone else is either all arms trying to push and giving away frees or they go the ball and take the contact.
Then there is Jake who just runs over people.

But Dyl controls space so well. He has everything except kicking. How could that be the one thing that stops him from having a career?

Happy to be proven wrong but that fact that it has taken this long for him to break in to the side considering all our midfield injuries I doubt he is with us next year.

He’s been injured all year, only came back into the 2s a month ago

Happy to be proven wrong but that fact that it has taken this long for him to break in to the side considering all our midfield injuries I doubt he is with us next year.

He’s been injured all year, only came back into the 2s a month ago

he's also not playing midfield.

Definitely been a surprise to see him slot in well. He has brought some footy nous and contested ability and clearly he's worked to tidy up his disposal a lot. If he stays consistent in the next handful I sense he'll have moved his name out of the delist column and into the "handy depth" column for 2022.

He’s been really decent in both his games back I’ve thought. Decent size, sticks his tackles and does lots of 1 percenters- wouldnt mind seeing him given a job on Touk Miller this week against the Gold Coast

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I want him in..showed a lot since he’s been back.. tough and tackles well ... good tagger and has improved his kicking... could be another jobe with his size

Remove this Banner Ad

Back