Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

37 - [PLAYERCARD]Dylan Clarke[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Contract Status: Not offered a contract for 2021
Last Game Played: Round 23, 2021 (omitted)
Injury Status: n/a

Last edited:

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Did we play him as a tagger though? Or did we play him as just a direct opponent? I didn’t really see him doing the type of stuff that De Boer is doing right now.

FlyingV

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Did we play him as a tagger though? Or did we play him as just a direct opponent? I didn’t really see him doing the type of stuff that De Boer is doing right now.
Oh really? 14 minute mark in the first quarter Clarke punches Cripps in the d!ck which slowed him down. Classic taggers craft right there. The boys a natural.

has he gotten taller ? I saw him on screen standing next to Cripps and he didn't look at much smaller. Great game - just put him on the oppositions best mid each week and let him get 20 touches and 10 tackles.
I noticed that too and wondered if it was just the camera angle but maybe he has grown. Would be pushing 190cm if it wasn’t the angle.

It was a clean, wholesome tag.

Just applied himself and worked him over. Cripps got no help from anyone else though, they struggled to involve him in general play by getting him any easy ball and they didn’t really try to isolate him deep forward, which is what I was concerned with.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Surely he keeps his spot but who do we drop for Shiel? As much as it should be Zaka, it won't be.

Also there isn't really anyone in Hawthorns midfield right now worth tagging.

Surely he keeps his spot but who do we drop for Shiel? As much as it should be Zaka, it won't be.

Also there isn't really anyone in Hawthorns midfield right now worth tagging.
Yeah certainly O'Meara needs to be clamped.

If Clarke can do it to a big body like Cripps then he should be able to do it to a smaller frame in O'Meara.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
I noticed that too and wondered if it was just the camera angle but maybe he has grown. Would be pushing 190cm if it wasn’t the angle.

Might be deceived by the angle. I was sitting directly at ground level, and Cripps still looked much bigger than Clarke. Also when Langford & him were working in tandem on Cripps at one stage, even Langford looked noticeably bigger. 186cm is probably correct.

Back