Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect conditions for him, one of the rare ones who would move the ball to the inland wing when we had the wind. Laid a huge tackle at one stage with Mutch.

High hopes for this bloke. It looks like the VFL has slowed down for him which has seen his disposal improve. My worry is that when he debuts in the AFL it'll be too high pressure and be shank city .

High hopes for this bloke. It looks like the VFL has slowed down for him which has seen his disposal improve. My worry is that when he debuts in the AFL it'll be too high pressure and be shank city .

When he makes his debut, he needs to be given a few consecutive games to adapt to the level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just ban him from kicking until he's played half a dozen games. Like Geelong did with Blicavs.

How bad is his kicking?

We had our Captain running at 14% accuracy out pf his 8 kicks in the firat part of Sundays game.

If he is winning the ball as much as the stats suggest and his pressure is high his disposal should not be used as the be all end all of him getting a game.

Id target the Melbourne game as a debut.

Surely I’m not the only one that thinks there’s no rush.

More than happy for him to destroy the vfl until the bye unless we’ve got injuries

Largely agree with this. The game against Melbourne would be the earliest that I would consider and then it would only be a once off for some fresh legs.

Realistically, the most likely point at which he gets a gig before injuries/the byew is if he replaces Guelfi.

Largely agree with this. The game against Melbourne would be the earliest that I would consider and then it would only be a once off for some fresh legs.

Realistically, the most likely point at which he gets a gig before injuries/the byew is if he replaces Guelfi.

Guelfi was up on the wing; can / has Clarke played that role with any success?

Guelfi was up on the wing; can / has Clarke played that role with any success?
He played wing (and Hff) a bit last year, but inside mid is his real go.
I haven't seen a VFL game yet this year, but there have been reports that his kicking is not noticeably shocking....even that it's mediocre . That's a huge improvement :p Ma boy!

He played wing (and Hff) a bit last year, but inside mid is his real go.
I haven't seen a VFL game yet this year, but there have been reports that his kicking is not noticeably shocking....even that it's mediocre . That's a huge improvement :p Ma boy!

If he's a true inside mid then he's best in the centre, maybe allowing a Heppell or Merrett to play a slightly different role.

I think the Melbourne game is a good chance to see him if his VFL form this week is solid; the short break will mean a few players won't come up well.

Melbourne are slow but great at extracting the pill. His clearance work will be perfect against them. It will be against teams like Hawthorn and Richmond that he will struggle as his kicking willbe highlighted more.

Haven't seen a lot of Clarke but obviously the knock is on his kicking.

How is he by hand? If he's super clean and quick by it can mitigate kicking limitations.

If that's the position we're talking about I'm going Guelfi, Mutch and Redman before Clarke. Little bit quicker, little bit more penetration in the leg and a bit more versatile in what they can do.

It's an element of square peg and round hole at the moment given he pretty much exclusively has to play on ball, which is unfortunate for him but I don't think there's really anything wrong with him going coco bananas in the VFL for a while and really proving his mettle. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Myers is rested/managed for Melbourne so that could potentially be an opening for him as you mentioned.

Can't help but feel that we're almost a bit too good for him at the moment, if he had gone to a Brisbane/GC/North/Carlton type team he's a guy you could really put development time into.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back