Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

For all this talk about his poor disposal he did alright in the kicking test.
Kicking test (score out of a possible 30)
Jordan Ridley (27)
Isaac Cumming (26)
Jarrod Berry (25)
Ben Long (25)
Sam Walker (25)
Josh Williams (25)
Ben Jarman (24)
Tom Williamson (24)
Dylan Clarke (24)

For all this talk about his poor disposal he did alright in the kicking test.
Kicking test (score out of a possible 30)
Jordan Ridley (27)
Isaac Cumming (26)
Jarrod Berry (25)
Ben Long (25)
Sam Walker (25)
Josh Williams (25)
Ben Jarman (24)
Tom Williamson (24)
Dylan Clarke (24)

Nope not good enough, I demand the kid who got the best score!

:)

Reckon Gary Buckanara is spot on with this kid.

Think he could be one of the best taggers in the competition if we wish to use him in that role. Has a huge tank, is physically really capable, determined and disciplined.

Hes the Heath Hocking replaceent. Think he can be that 5 kick, 15 handball, 1 goal player whilst taking these big bodied midfielders like Bontempelli, Cripps, Fyfe, Parker to the cleaners

*The major problem with his kicking is he floats the ball up gives it way too much air time and thats all because of his technique will be a hard thing to train out. You can get away with air time at lower levels but will be heavily exposed at AFL.

Think he could be one of the best taggers in the competition if we wish to use him in that role. Has a huge tank, is physically really capable, determined and disciplined.

Hes the Heath Hocking replaceent. Think he can be that 5 kick, 15 handball, 1 goal player whilst taking these big bodied midfielders like Bontempelli, Cripps, Fyfe, Parker to the cleaners

Hocking has never really been a tagger to take players completely out of the game. Interested to see how we use Clarke in the VFL.

Hocking has never really been a tagger to take players completely out of the game. Interested to see how we use Clarke in the VFL.

I see what your saying not like the Crowley, Curnow, B.Jacobs mould

More a direct head to head matchup with the focus on negating stars impact especially around the ball. Thats what i see with Clarke i think hes one of those players that will always find 15 disposals in the midfield no matter role.

Id hope they dont start with him tagging at VFL level i just can see it being a role for him at the top level.

Nothing would please me more than Clarke shotgunning goal celebrations.

He's a bit of an endurance machine, the boy. Finished 3rd in the 3km time trial with a 9:52 and equal second top beep test with 14.12 at the combine. Not bad numbers for a 187-190cm, 85kg inside midfielder.

Also top 10 in the kicking test (so he is at least capable of having a good day).

Dodoro was talking about filling holes on the list. A young, big bodied inside bull is certainly one of those holes (with the added bonus of being able to run). Yoda_ should be happy with this.
Sometime I wonder at the relevance of kicking efficiency in players who are predominantly inside mids. Not having the time and space in a contested situation means a lot of those guys will just be hacking the ball forward, so while the stats may not look great it doesn't necessarily mean they are bad kicks

*The major problem with his kicking is he floats the ball up gives it way too much air time and thats all because of his technique will be a hard thing to train out. You can get away with air time at lower levels but will be heavily exposed at AFL.
Diesel

A boy his size? I would love to see him starting at centre bounces and rotating forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometime I wonder at the relevance of kicking efficiency in players who are predominantly inside mids. Not having the time and space in a contested situation means a lot of those guys will just be hacking the ball forward, so while the stats may not look great it doesn't necessarily mean they are bad kicks

There are a lot of problems with kicking efficiency numbers.

You can see why Clarke's stationary kicking in particular would be pretty straight. The drop is a bit high but it's careful and everything is pretty straight up and down.

Suspect he'd have a lot more trouble when off balance though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back