Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

37 - [PLAYERCARD]Dylan Clarke[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Contract Status: Not offered a contract for 2021
Last Game Played: Round 23, 2021 (omitted)
Injury Status: n/a

Last edited:

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Reminds me of Stantons kicking style. Particularly early on in his career. He worked out well, and I think Clarke will too.

Don35

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Clint jones.. Would be happy with his output for a pick 63. Reckon he's got more tricks than him but ultimately his career will likely be defined by opportunity.

Personally hope to see him in 10 - 15 games this year. Love

WEEVZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Clint jones.. Would be happy with his output for a pick 63. Reckon he's got more tricks than him but ultimately his career will likely be defined by opportunity.

Personally hope to see him in 10 - 15 games this year. Love
10-15 games? That's expecting a lot given the guys that've come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don35

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd say temper those expectations, if he plays more than 5 games at AFL level he'll have done very well imo.

Difference between expecting and hoping.

Rate highly, want to invest in youth. Would love him to be good enough to warrant 10 - 15. I expect him to play 2 or 3 in back half of year

WEEVZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Difference between expecting and hoping.

Rate highly, want to invest in youth. Would love him to be good enough to warrant 10 - 15. I expect him to play 2 or 3 in back half of year
Fair call, I'd hope all of our draftee's play next year. I'd say the two least likely would be Ridley and Mutch though due to (at least currently) not having bodies that would allow them to compete.

Don35

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Fair call, I'd hope all of our draftee's play next year. I'd say the two least likely would be Ridley and Mutch though due to (at least currently) not having bodies that would allow them to compete.
McGrath ready round 1 baring injury. Reckon Clarke will be too. Which is why I hope he gets an opportunity.

Next premiership please. A lot of 93 about this list.

WEEVZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
McGrath ready round 1 baring injury. Reckon Clarke will be too. Which is why I hope he gets an opportunity.

Next premiership please. A lot of 93 about this list.
McGrath yes, Clarke I'm not so sure don't think we'll see him until the latter part of the season. As much as he improved during the TAC season he's still got a fair bit of work to do on his kicking, size wise though I won't dispute that he's probably the 2nd or 3rd most physically ready along with McGrath and Begley.

scanlon

Club Legend
Oct 27, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Clarke has the body but won't be good enough IMO. Lots of deficiencies in his game that will take a while to (hopefully) fix

WEEVZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Clarke has the body but won't be good enough IMO. Lots of deficiencies in his game that will take a while to (hopefully) fix
He'll put in the work I've no doubt of that, his work ethic is fantastic. I do very much doubt he'll play more than 5 games though (that's assuming he does debut this year).

scanlon

Club Legend
Oct 27, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
He'll put in the work I've no doubt of that, his work ethic is fantastic. I do very much doubt he'll play more than 5 games though (that's assuming he does debut this year).
Yeah not saying he won't become a good player for us, but I can't see him getting a game in the seniors this year. Will be a good VFL player at most this year IMO.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
If Clarke comes out in the pre-season games getting 25+ touches he could make a play for Round 1. I dont think he will play early but he is extremely driven and a natural ball winner. If his form warrants it he plays and that goes for anyone. He will get in the bests in VFL pretty regularly i reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back