Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

He has impressed time and again and already stamped himself into our team.

Props to Dylan and I reckon Pops Kelly gets a mention here since he coaches the 1-4 year players.

Actually seemed to run his own race during the game.
If anything, in hindsight we should have sent him to Touk Miller

Released it a little bit in the second half which coincided with him going out of the game a little.

I actually think he functions best when he’s using someone else as a point of reference, they take him straight to the ball.

I reckon Clarke is a good equivalent to Brett Kirk.
- both taggers that served long apprenticeships
- ugly kicking style with little penetration or length (cue dick jokes)
- both tough as teak

Is the midfield pretty much complete now? Does he fill the bigger body/extractor role as well as the hard tag when required?
Seems midfield spots are tight as it is with Smith to come back.
If there was ever a trade period to bring in Brodie or Sier this would be the one given they're out of contract and both in and out of the sides. Would either of them bring anything extra to the team that Clarke can't already provide?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the midfield pretty much complete now? Does he fill the bigger body/extractor role as well as the hard tag when required?
Seems midfield spots are tight as it is with Smith to come back.
If there was ever a trade period to bring in Brodie or Sier this would be the one given they're out of contract and both in and out of the sides. Would either of them bring anything extra to the team that Clarke can't already provide?

Watching how strong he is I honestly don't think we do need anyone else for that role. Obviously develop more down the track but for now I don't think we need to go out chasing other players.

Kicking it the wrong way is a whole new low

Hardly going to hang him for that.

I love him. Hard. Determined. Busts a gut.

So he made a mistake... its been a pretty faultless start to his career. You could tell from his response he was angry at himself. He has pride in his performance... which is more than I can say for Zaharakis and co.

Move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back