Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

“I’m really excited to sign a new deal at Essendon. There’s an enormous amount of belief amongst the group that we are building towards something special,” Clarke said.

“My focus is on continuing to work hard and learn from our experienced players to put myself in the best position to play senior football.

“I am looking forward to the remainder of the year and seeing what we can achieve in 2019 and beyond.”

2 year deal. Makes a lot of sense.

Glad I was wrong in part on Clarke.
Ridiculous. You’re not allowed to admit you’re wrong around these parts.

And yes, good decision and well done Dylan.

2 year deal. Makes a lot of sense.

Glad I was wrong in part on Clarke.

I think he was on the block, hence 1 year deal (and with no exposed form as a tagger).

Very happy for him because so much of what he does is so good.

Just as happy to be wrong as I thought he was really going to struggle to hold his spot.

Now, I'm just confused. I hope he is injured, because his last 5 (AFL/VFL) games have been a long way from the standard that got him that two year deal.
He didn’t look himself on Sunday, usually has a huge desire for the contest but I didn’t see it at all.

Any more games like that and he won’t be playing senior football again anytime soon

I’d imagine it would be very hard for a kid with one game to come in and tag some of game’s best mids. Would’ve taken a lot out of him mentally and physically. Reckon he’s just suffering some rookie burnout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, I'm just confused. I hope he is injured, because his last 5 (AFL/VFL) games have been a long way from the standard that got him that two year deal.

He didn’t look himself on Sunday, usually has a huge desire for the contest but I didn’t see it at all.

Any more games like that and he won’t be playing senior football again anytime soon

Could put Mynott in the same category. Started off well enough then disappeared for 2 quarters yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if it’s a volunteer thing and most players would prefer to be elsewhere on the day?

Or a ballot where the winner gets a free GF ticket?

Every listed AFL player get's 2 tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back