Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Too bad it is not in our new Richmond game plan ......
Looks like another week that would suit him - the Brothers Crouch seems like the sort of guys we should be using him against.

Apparently been our best player across the scratchies but missed against Carlton and WB - if he’s overlooked again this week then I’d say the coaches have put a line through him.

Looks like another week that would suit him - the Brothers Crouch seems like the sort of guys we should be using him against.

Apparently been our best player across the scratchies but missed against Carlton and WB - if he’s overlooked again this week then I’d say the coaches have put a line through him.
You don’t need to tag the crouch brothers, they don’t hurt you. If anything you want them getting the ball atm, because they are absolutely butchering it. If we were to tag someone it’d be Brodie smith, like the saints did last night.

You don’t need to tag the crouch brothers, they don’t hurt you. If anything you want them getting the ball atm, because they are absolutely butchering it. If we were to tag someone it’d be Brodie smith, like the saints did last night.
Ok - let’s see what happens.
I’m guessing they get a whole lot of ball against our group of short people.

I feel like eventually they give in to peer pressure and he will get a few games but then will randomly get dropped and won't be back until it happens again.

from memory when we were playing our best footy last year he was in the middle playing the negating role and getting a few touches himself. Worth a crack I think, and if he’s dishing the ball out to Shiel, McGrath and Parish I think that kinda works?
I remember him doing the job on Cripps and then a couple of other good tagging roles. He was the new wonder kid. They were talking about him like he was the new Cameron Ling and then he fell off the face of the earth.

Injuries or he just fell out of favour? I wasn't watching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What gets me:

- We discovered that he can play
- We discovered that tagging actually works after yet another poor start to the season
- We win 7 out of the first 8 games when he comes in
- He provides much needed size in the middle
- He's still young

We proceed to drop him after he tired a little towards the end of last year never to be seen again. Zaharakis meanwhile lives on one good game. What exactly did we learn with all of Woosha's learnings? And we wonder why we never have a competitive midfield. You'd actually need to develop them.

What gets me:

- We discovered that he can play
- We discovered that tagging actually works after yet another poor start to the season
- We win 7 out of the first 8 games when he comes in
- He provides much needed size in the middle
- He's still young

We proceed to drop him after he tired a little towards the end of last year never to be seen again. Zaharakis meanwhile lives on one good game. What exactly did we learn with all of Woosha's learnings? And we wonder why we never have a competitive midfield. You'd actually need to develop them.

We know that Woosha has a pecking order and a couple of players are immune to being dropped. Could have used a tag vs Brisbane, but it isn't the style of Essendon. Also, winning isn't in style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back