Past Elijah Taylor - delisted 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:

I've removed a large number of posts from the last day or so that is mainly speculation without any factual basis and broader discussion on the issue of DV.

I want to bring this thread back on track and reiterate the scope of the discussion to be:
*new developments in the Taylor case as more facts get reported
*ramifications of such facts on Taylor's future at the club and the Swans
*subsequent actions the Swans should take

If you want to talk about the sociology around the issue of DV more generally there's sure to be many appropriate threads on the Society, Religion, Politics board.

There's no reason for oppo posters to be weighing in here, there's a thread on the main board about the exact same topic.

From here on posts that are simply speculating without any factual backing are going in the bin. This includes:
*any posts speculating on the outcome of Taylor's guilt/innocence - he's presumed innocent until found guilty, we know as it stands there are serious allegations of DV against him, there's going to be a hearing on September 30. Without further fact and information, no one's in a position to make a more enlightened view.
*any posts theorising the girl 'attention-seeking' or making false claim for some other reason - without any supporting facts it's completely unfair to be making that sort of character assessment. A DV allegation is a serious claim and there's no business in dismissing it until the facts arise to counter it.

Welcome to the Bloods Elijah.
Taylor%20thumb.jpg

ELIJAH TAYLOR
POS:
Forward
Ht 188cm, Wt 77kg, DOB 1/5/01
From Perth/Western Australia

DRAFT PROFILE Bio, stats, highlights and more

Taylor looms as one of the most fascinating stories of the draft. A number of clubs wouldn't draft him at all, with doubts over how ready he is for the demands of an AFL career. But they do tend to agree on his extreme talent, which pound-for-pound would make him a very early selection. He was named an All Australian after an impressive carnival for Western Australia and provided highlights in most appearances. Sydney has an interest in Taylor and at their second pick might see his ability as being too good to pass up.

THE Thornlie Junior is one of the more exciting prospects in this year’s Draft Pool. With family connections to Tim Kelly, Paddy Ryder, Nicky Winmar and the Kickett brothers (Dale and Derek), Taylor plays with a natural instinctive feel, making him a dangerous threat when he is inside attacking 50. He was one of six West Australian prospects to make the All-Australian team this year on the back of a brilliant carnival for the Sandgropers.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks very well balanced off both feet and knows where the goals are and is a true forward, rather than a midfielder in the making. The hardest hurdle will be how he can translate that nous in front of goal to AFL level where he'll have much less time. Will definitely be great to watch if he can deal with that step up in defensive pressure!

Racial profiling BS....pretty ordinary really
Agreed, but this ...
I read it as that too, however it is a genuine concern. After 12 months in the NT the concept of family and its importance to Indigenous teens cant be ignored.
... is a very good point too. I trust the club is fully aware of that importance and can provide the best support to him during the transition to Sydney living.

Wow imagine being picked up by Franklin.

In a way I imagine Buddy does not quite feel real to an 18 year old new draftee. I mean you can imagine meeting Parker, Kennedy or Rampe, they feel real, but Buddy has this aura about him that almost transcends that. Simply training with Buddy would give new draftees a thrill they would not get with any other player in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back