Past Elijah Taylor - delisted 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:

I've removed a large number of posts from the last day or so that is mainly speculation without any factual basis and broader discussion on the issue of DV.

I want to bring this thread back on track and reiterate the scope of the discussion to be:
*new developments in the Taylor case as more facts get reported
*ramifications of such facts on Taylor's future at the club and the Swans
*subsequent actions the Swans should take

If you want to talk about the sociology around the issue of DV more generally there's sure to be many appropriate threads on the Society, Religion, Politics board.

There's no reason for oppo posters to be weighing in here, there's a thread on the main board about the exact same topic.

From here on posts that are simply speculating without any factual backing are going in the bin. This includes:
*any posts speculating on the outcome of Taylor's guilt/innocence - he's presumed innocent until found guilty, we know as it stands there are serious allegations of DV against him, there's going to be a hearing on September 30. Without further fact and information, no one's in a position to make a more enlightened view.
*any posts theorising the girl 'attention-seeking' or making false claim for some other reason - without any supporting facts it's completely unfair to be making that sort of character assessment. A DV allegation is a serious claim and there's no business in dismissing it until the facts arise to counter it.

What an exciting first goal in AFL.
Elijah you will have us on the edge of seats whenever the ball comes in your direction, hopefully for many seasons to come.

Has showed some things. No point getting excited as prodigious talents often frustrate and ultimately disappoint. But it's great to see ET not afraid to show his talent. Trying things like snapping freak goals, flying for marks, running and carrying inside 50. Credit to Horse, he's clearly encouraged this kid to play his natural game so early on.

this kid is silky, a lot to like, hopefully can play his natural game as he will compliment guys like rowbottom well

I noticed a good play with those two on the weekend. When Elijah gathered the ball on the wing and took off, he kept looking to pass it off and do the team thing. You could see Rowbottom nearby encouraging him to just back himself and keep going forward. Lo and behold he had the pace and the class to execute that play.

For a player whose pretty talented he seems to be so reserved. Was going for the big celebration after he kicked his first goal then restrained himself. Even on the final siren having a shot he looked like oh s**t I'm not supposed to be smiling here. Think confidence will be everything with ET.

He runs into the right places. For all the talk of Papley burning him on his basketball run and goal, there was an earlier one where Taylor was in space on his own and paps burnt him blazing from outside 50. Even with instruction, some players don't have the instinct for positioning and when to go. Has an effortless running style. Could easily have had four goals on the weekend.

He runs into the right places. For all the talk of Papley burning him on his basketball run and goal, there was an earlier one where Taylor was in space on his own and paps burnt him blazing from outside 50. Even with instruction, some players don't have the instinct for positioning and when to go. Has an effortless running style. Could easily have had four goals on the weekend.

Some players have "it" and it's hard to explain but everyone can see Elijah just is a natural footballer.

I remember watching the game and replaying a lot of what he did, even the way he would pick up the ball was effortless and beautiful.

Also found it funny that when papley was sprinting towards goals Elijah looked like he was barely jogging, makes me excited about how fast he is as well.

I remember watching the game and replaying a lot of what he did, even the way he would pick up the ball was effortless and beautiful.

Also found it funny that when papley was sprinting towards goals Elijah looked like he was barely jogging, makes me excited about how fast he is as well.

Yeah I noticed that too. Twice he took foot OFF pedal to slow to Papleys speed although I will say he had a slightly straighter run to the goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elijah_video.jpg

Elijah Taylor

Player Profile

When the Sydney Swans swooped on Elijah Taylor with pick 36 at the 2019 AFL Draft, they snared a young footballer with prodigious talent. General Manager – Recruiting and List Strategy Kinnear Beatson even labelled him an “excitement machine” on the night he was drafted. The Western Australian is lightning-quick, has an impressive natural leap, has silky skills and is a smart user of the footy.

Elijah Taylor
DOB: 01 May 2001
DRAFT:2019
RECRUITED FROM: Perth, Western Australia

You'd be a fool to be sold on anyone after fewer games than you can count on your fingers! Looks the goods though so far. Has shown some really nice skills and hasn't been afraid to throw his body at it and compete, especially in the air.

I saw that video the AFL have been pushing of papleys first goal and was stunned by how much size he has put on. In a few years Taylor could be an absolute tank..
Still not completely sold on Taylor yet

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

To me he looks very laconic out there. Doesn’t appear to have a lot of urgency. Yet to see any signs he’s willing to get down and dirty and do the hard stuff. Pulled out of a contest last week and also whether you think paps should have given the hands to him or not, Taylor should have gone the block straight away as a young kid trying to prove himself , instead he was very much chasing a goal

To me he looks very laconic out there. Doesn’t appear to have a lot of urgency. Yet to see any signs he’s willing to get down and dirty and do the hard stuff. Pulled out of a contest last week and also whether you think paps should have given the hands to him or not, Taylor should have gone the block straight away as a young kid trying to prove himself , instead he was very much chasing a goal

Good. That's what he's in the team for.

He was better placed and faster, if that was grey, Ronke, or Taylor they would of hand passed, papley is chasing the coleman (deserves to) and is playing like a key forward.

He also had 67% tog, obviously managing his fitness. Also had 11 pressure acts. Round that up if was on the ground 85% and he's numbers will follow.

I think he maybe dodged one contest, didn't see him dodge any others.

Just a personal gripe, I don't like it when people are described as laconic, especially when we don't know how much effort they are putting in. People always put that tag on me, and it completely took away from any work that I've put in.

He was better placed and faster, if that was grey, Ronke, or Taylor they would of hand passed, papley is chasing the coleman (deserves to) and is playing like a key forward.

He also had 67% tog, obviously managing his fitness. Also had 11 pressure acts. Round that up if was on the ground 85% and he's numbers will follow.

I think he maybe dodged one contest, didn't see him dodge any others.

Just a personal gripe, I don't like it when people are described as laconic, especially when we don't know how much effort they are putting in. People always put that tag on me, and it completely took away from any work that I've put in.
Laconic post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back