Past Elijah Taylor - delisted 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:

I've removed a large number of posts from the last day or so that is mainly speculation without any factual basis and broader discussion on the issue of DV.

I want to bring this thread back on track and reiterate the scope of the discussion to be:
*new developments in the Taylor case as more facts get reported
*ramifications of such facts on Taylor's future at the club and the Swans
*subsequent actions the Swans should take

If you want to talk about the sociology around the issue of DV more generally there's sure to be many appropriate threads on the Society, Religion, Politics board.

There's no reason for oppo posters to be weighing in here, there's a thread on the main board about the exact same topic.

From here on posts that are simply speculating without any factual backing are going in the bin. This includes:
*any posts speculating on the outcome of Taylor's guilt/innocence - he's presumed innocent until found guilty, we know as it stands there are serious allegations of DV against him, there's going to be a hearing on September 30. Without further fact and information, no one's in a position to make a more enlightened view.
*any posts theorising the girl 'attention-seeking' or making false claim for some other reason - without any supporting facts it's completely unfair to be making that sort of character assessment. A DV allegation is a serious claim and there's no business in dismissing it until the facts arise to counter it.

It’s been reported that police will be viewing CCTV film. They will also be interviewing people staying in the room next door to theirs. Apparently they went past the checkout time and were asked to leave by knock on the door.

Sounds like police are seeking corroborating evidence to the charge. That is most likely where the versions in interview are entirely different. It perhaps also says that police were unconvinced by injuries.

All speculation and going nowhere , as none of us really know what happened .Wait till the facts come out , it just keeps going around in circles on here.
Completely agree.

And another warning to oppo supporters. The thread tag is pretty clear I would have thought, no? Please respect our boards rules or you'll be copping bans.

Taylor is a unnecessary headache for the club. Breaching AFL/WA COVID quarantine rules. Allegations of assault on social media. Now a court appearance to answer more allegations.

Should hand back the number 37 as he’s not doing it any justice.

Nothing has been proven, but the fact that he's been charged suggests the evidence makes it more likely the incident/s took place than not.

Nobody is suggesting Taylor be locked up without a conviction but I wouldn't blame the club for cutting him loose.

Nothing has been proven, but the fact that he's been charged suggests the evidence makes it more likely the incident/s took place than not.

Nobody is suggesting Taylor be locked up without a conviction but I wouldn't blame the club for cutting him loose.

The mere charging of a person isn’t insightful of guilt. In DV cases the police are almost duty bound to lay charges if there is suspicion.

The mere charging of a person isn’t insightful of guilt. In DV cases the police are almost duty bound to lay charges if there is suspicion.
What gets it for me is twin accusations from different victims. One you could maybe argue it's a potentially mentally deranged person making it up. Two suggests a pattern of DV.

What gets it for me is twin accusations from different victims. One you could maybe argue it's a potentially mentally deranged person making it up. Two suggests a pattern of DV.

Nah. Same one. ONE Claimant.

Go watch the WA 7 vid posted last night.
The reporter spoke to her. She says the same girl said quote "she was trying to work out what happened". What too drunk, drugged, or enraged off her trolley to know?
Also she claims "she was speaking out for the benefit of others". What all of 18 and wants to be in the limelight as a hero? Or just a dropped bitter little ex girlfriend out to create opportunity for vengeance and destroy his career and reputation and wanted another crack at getting some attention?

It will all come out.

btw look up the difference between aggravated assault and common assault. The charge likely relates to the incident in the past she mentioned in her social media blast.

ET was a very silly perhaps lonely boy. Unlikely to be completely blameless

Isn’t it the same person/alleged victim, but different time and location?

Maybe I have missed something.

Plain stupid. What a wasted opportunity. Guess that opens 1 extra list spot at the end of the year..

Plain stupid. What a wasted opportunity. Guess that opens 1 extra list spot at the end of the year..

We will review this position as the situation unfolds.

He has not been sacked from the club just stood down from club commitments.

I have been avoiding commenting on this, but as someone who was on the false end of a DV accusation.

1. Don't draw conclusions without knowing all the facts.
2. Police are numpties.
3. Most people are too stupid to do number 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WARNING

Everyone - Please ease up on the statements of fact if you, in actual fact, are just stating an opinion. Be clear it is your opinion & let's try to show some respect to each other & the parties involved.

Until we know the facts then it is all just speculation.

Also, unless you know them personally then I strongly advise you to hold off on the character assessments (& defamation) too.

Anything which purports to be fact which is not could be eventually proven unjustified & resultantly unnecessarilly hurtful.

Thanks.

Stood down from ALL club commitments immediately.
What club commitments did he have, given he is in Perth, and they are in Cairns and Sydney? You would suspect the club told him to stay away from her.
Modern day tragedy.

What club commitments did he have, given he is in Perth, and they are in Cairns and Sydney? You would suspect the club told him to stay away from her.
Modern day tragedy.

I'd imagine prior to getting charged, he would've still been involved in zoom meetings with the coaching staff, also been given his own training regimen?

I'd imagine prior to getting charged, he would've still been involved in zoom meetings with the coaching staff, also been given his own training regimen?
Stood down can be on pay or off pay. He may have been stood down off pay pending the outcome. Basically the same as suspended from work either on or off pay

Would be a conflicting time for the boys, particularly those closest to ET. I was the exact same age when a good mate of mine did something really awful and it was mine, and most of my mates', first encounter with a very real and very serious problem you encounter in adulthood, away from the nonsense that occupied our minds in high school. Kinda led to some self-reflection and some rapid maturity as we were forced to wrap our heads around what this guy we loved as a mate had done. Not an easy line to tow between feeling obliged to stay involved in their lives to see them get the help they need, and totally severing ties on the grounds of being completely disgusted by their actions.

Might be made a little easier given our players have only known Elijah less than twelve months I guess.

I agree. But if the club and the players are in a position to be able to try and make him a better person, then you'd like to think we'd do so. Even if no longer as a player.
I'm a charity case so buy me something to eat
I'll pay you at another tiiiiiime, are you blind!
Take it to the end of the line.

We are not the Salvos

Get home and it's still going around in circles. Talk footy
Bit hard to talk footy in the EJ thread when he has been banned from playing, and now exiled from the club!
Not trying hard enough, Mase

ET would have made for a good small forward/forward flanker possibly in the Rioli mold before his attitude and alleged actions pissed his career away

I agree. But if the club and the players are in a position to be able to try and make him a better person, then you'd like to think we'd do so. Even if no longer as a player.

plenty of people with convictions lose their jobs, cant get work, we have no obligation IF he is a criminal the more i think about it, after seeinf a few people today with minor crimes miss out on jobs

innocent until proven guilty though

plenty of people with convictions lose their jobs, cant get work, we have no obligation IF he is a criminal the more i think about it, after seeinf a few people today with minor crimes miss out on jobs

innocent until proven guilty though

We don't have an obligation but it would be good to see. A footy club is a powerful thing and we're presented with an opportunity to try and change someone for the better for society's sake. I'd like to think we wouldn't just wash our hands of it just because he's not our problem anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back