Player Watch #37 Elijah Taylor - Pick 36

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ScottBo

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm not crazy about the media narrative on this issue. Say anything often enough and it can become self-fulfilling.
Who's to say Warner won't be the homesick one wanting a return to the West? Or that Gould isn't a big Mummy's boy? It certainly looks like he'll miss someone's cooking.
Welcome Elijah, hope you love Sydney and the Swans.

RUNVS

Hall of Famer
Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm not crazy about the media narrative on this issue. Say anything often enough and it can become self-fulfilling.
Who's to say Warner won't be the homesick one wanting a return to the West? Or that Gould isn't a big Mummy's boy? It certainly looks like he'll miss someone's cooking.
Welcome Elijah, hope you love Sydney and the Swans.
I think we can safely say Gould likes his parents cooking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

Ticky009

Premium Gold
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Very happy with this pick. I think he is going to be a very good pickup in the long run.

Pumped to see him pull the jumper on & get cracking on the track & in NEAFL. Am going to be keeping an eye on him for sure. So much potential IMO.
You best take care over in Adelaide GTG, not sure Swans are too popular over there atm with us nabbing Stephens and Gould:D

Big Blood

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
Really excited by this kid. I get a little jealous of the indigenous talent on w.c & freo's lists. There should be more indigenous players on our list imo
Same feelilng .FLyin' Ryan is up there with Buddy as one of the most watchable players in the comp.

Elijah Taylor is in the category of 'could be anything' players. If Buddy as mentor doesn't inspire him, nothing will.

mtooler

Premiership Player
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Agreed, but this ...

... is a very good point too. I trust the club is fully aware of that importance and can provide the best support to him during the transition to Sydney living.
Im really grateful to be in the NT. To see name families, skin families and title families and all the structures within them. Im over here with just my nuclear family.

Working with some teens who cease to have their first names when their father passes away (they take their fathers name in some communities) with low life expectancies can happen for them in early teenage years. Had another young lad who is going be be a mechanic because his grandad told him to when he was in primary school to be one and honouring elders wishes is particularly important in that community. All communities have nuances, I'll never be clever enough to fully comprehend even 10% of it all.

Top Bottom