Past Elijah Taylor - delisted 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:

I've removed a large number of posts from the last day or so that is mainly speculation without any factual basis and broader discussion on the issue of DV.

I want to bring this thread back on track and reiterate the scope of the discussion to be:
*new developments in the Taylor case as more facts get reported
*ramifications of such facts on Taylor's future at the club and the Swans
*subsequent actions the Swans should take

If you want to talk about the sociology around the issue of DV more generally there's sure to be many appropriate threads on the Society, Religion, Politics board.

There's no reason for oppo posters to be weighing in here, there's a thread on the main board about the exact same topic.

From here on posts that are simply speculating without any factual backing are going in the bin. This includes:
*any posts speculating on the outcome of Taylor's guilt/innocence - he's presumed innocent until found guilty, we know as it stands there are serious allegations of DV against him, there's going to be a hearing on September 30. Without further fact and information, no one's in a position to make a more enlightened view.
*any posts theorising the girl 'attention-seeking' or making false claim for some other reason - without any supporting facts it's completely unfair to be making that sort of character assessment. A DV allegation is a serious claim and there's no business in dismissing it until the facts arise to counter it.

Eagles now have Jetta running through the middle off half back. Frack I miss Jets elite kicking.

It’s certainly an asset, though the Eagles can rely on it about as much as we can a set shot from directly in front from Hayward.

A few Eagles mates of mine would happily trade him because his spectrum of form is just far too extreme. Some games I watched this year his intensity was just flat-out lazy. He’s won two flags and his kicking can be elite but IMO his career will be defined as wasted potential both in Perth and in Sydney.

It’s certainly an asset, though the Eagles can rely on it about as much as we can a set shot from directly in front from Hayward.

A few Eagles mates of mine would happily trade him because his spectrum of form is just far too extreme. Some games I watched this year his intensity was just flat-out lazy. He’s won two flags and his kicking can be elite but IMO his career will be defined as wasted potential both in Perth and in Sydney.
Bit harsh. Sprinters are not endurance runners, so they tend to fire in bursts. Not many can kick it long to a target as sweetly as Jetta can.

Bit harsh. Sprinters are not endurance runners, so they tend to fire in bursts. Not many can kick it long to a target as sweetly as Jetta can.

That is true, but when he’s often lazily throwing it onto the boot as if he’s ticking off a checklist, you have to wonder if he’s worth having out there. Sure, when his game is on and his kicking is on, he’s a weapon. But when it’s not... and it’s quite often not...

He’s won two flags and his kicking can be elite but IMO his career will be defined as wasted potential both in Perth and in Sydney.

He was a mature age recruit who has won two flags and was pretty crucial to both sides in the run in.

I can't see how Jetta was wasted potential, personally I think his had a fantastic career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard anything about how the lad is going? Probably not ready this year, hoping kicks on after another preseason and gets a few minutes, could still be 2 years away.
I was wondering if Elijah has tinted his hair.

Another lauded performance by Elijah. Kicked 4 in a 45 minute scratch match against the Demons.
Seems like the Swans media team has been lurking here, provided a summary of each player exactly as some had requested. Good job guys.

He is very talented. Having watched his development he is one of those players for whom the world seems to move at half speed. You can see he is watching the ball whilst everyone is moving at full pace around him. Once he gets the ball, time slows down as he glides through the traffic. He then has time to use the ball thoughtfully.

Possibly the most gifted player on the swans list. His challenge is adjusting to the rigors of AFL life. Looks like he is doing well, with Brett Kirk as his one on one life mentor.

Another lauded performance by Elijah. Kicked 4 in a 45 minute scratch match against the Demons.

Play him next week, I mean why not, Papley needs a friend up forward.

I get the feeling that he's heavily in the calculations from what Longmire said in his press conference (heavily suggested more young guys are gonna get a go in the next week or two) and from how much praise he's been getting for his hard work and strong adjustment to being a professional.

I imagine it might not be this week because two other guys just debuted and we've lost two more of our most senior, strong players but it'll be soon imo.

I get the feeling that he's heavily in the calculations from what Longmire said in his press conference (heavily suggested more young guys are gonna get a go in the next week or two) and from how much praise he's been getting for his hard work and strong adjustment to being a professional.

I imagine it might not be this week because two other guys just debuted and we've lost two more of our most senior, strong players but it'll be soon imo.

IMO this is the most ideal week we will have all year to do it. Against another very young side, with a spark needed after the carnage on the injury front, and the need for some real changes to the team's structure. Without Heeney and Kennedy, it's gonna be a very, very different season from here on. Think of it almost as 2020 2.0. Start bold in week one of this new season, then we'll start getting a clearer idea of what's working and what isn't as the weeks go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back