Past Elijah Taylor - delisted 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:

I've removed a large number of posts from the last day or so that is mainly speculation without any factual basis and broader discussion on the issue of DV.

I want to bring this thread back on track and reiterate the scope of the discussion to be:
*new developments in the Taylor case as more facts get reported
*ramifications of such facts on Taylor's future at the club and the Swans
*subsequent actions the Swans should take

If you want to talk about the sociology around the issue of DV more generally there's sure to be many appropriate threads on the Society, Religion, Politics board.

There's no reason for oppo posters to be weighing in here, there's a thread on the main board about the exact same topic.

From here on posts that are simply speculating without any factual backing are going in the bin. This includes:
*any posts speculating on the outcome of Taylor's guilt/innocence - he's presumed innocent until found guilty, we know as it stands there are serious allegations of DV against him, there's going to be a hearing on September 30. Without further fact and information, no one's in a position to make a more enlightened view.
*any posts theorising the girl 'attention-seeking' or making false claim for some other reason - without any supporting facts it's completely unfair to be making that sort of character assessment. A DV allegation is a serious claim and there's no business in dismissing it until the facts arise to counter it.

A great selection, has top 10 talent for sure. I'd back the club with it's significant indigenous ties to make sure Elijah fulfills his true potential and excitingly that wil be in red and white.

Welcome Elijah, the sky's the limit!

FFS is it too much to expect that race is not a factor in our reception of this kid?

He’s a talented forward who might make it, or might not. End of.

Either be excited, or keep the doubts limited to his ability like we would every other draftee.

I'm not crazy about the media narrative on this issue. Say anything often enough and it can become self-fulfilling.
Who's to say Warner won't be the homesick one wanting a return to the West? Or that Gould isn't a big Mummy's boy? It certainly looks like he'll miss someone's cooking.
Welcome Elijah, hope you love Sydney and the Swans.

I'm not crazy about the media narrative on this issue. Say anything often enough and it can become self-fulfilling.
Who's to say Warner won't be the homesick one wanting a return to the West? Or that Gould isn't a big Mummy's boy? It certainly looks like he'll miss someone's cooking.
Welcome Elijah, hope you love Sydney and the Swans.

I think we can safely say Gould likes his parents cooking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy with this pick. I think he is going to be a very good pickup in the long run.

Pumped to see him pull the jumper on & get cracking on the track & in NEAFL. Am going to be keeping an eye on him for sure. So much potential IMO.
You best take care over in Adelaide GTG, not sure Swans are too popular over there atm with us nabbing Stephens and Gould:D

Really excited by this kid. I get a little jealous of the indigenous talent on w.c & freo's lists. There should be more indigenous players on our list imo

Same feelilng .FLyin' Ryan is up there with Buddy as one of the most watchable players in the comp.

Elijah Taylor is in the category of 'could be anything' players. If Buddy as mentor doesn't inspire him, nothing will.

What did you like about him B52?

i think I heard he kicks off both feet, true?

More his reading of the play and evasion skills. Seems to have a great footy IQ.

Agreed, but this ...

... is a very good point too. I trust the club is fully aware of that importance and can provide the best support to him during the transition to Sydney living.
Im really grateful to be in the NT. To see name families, skin families and title families and all the structures within them. Im over here with just my nuclear family.

Working with some teens who cease to have their first names when their father passes away (they take their fathers name in some communities) with low life expectancies can happen for them in early teenage years. Had another young lad who is going be be a mechanic because his grandad told him to when he was in primary school to be one and honouring elders wishes is particularly important in that community. All communities have nuances, I'll never be clever enough to fully comprehend even 10% of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back