Player Watch #37: Kade "The People's Chin" Chandler

Remove this Banner Ad

Since mid through round 1 to round 8: 14.0
Round 9 to 15: 1.9

Symptomatic of the rest of the team's goal kicking woes
The 1 was against Port when he got a 50 and kicked it from the goalsquare. 1 goal in 6 games. These are delist numbers for most small forwards, and we gave him 3 years.

Yeah I still like him and think he can forge a decent career but he's seriously out of form and needs a spell.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

20+ goals for the year now, unfortunately for Spargo can’t see him playing unless we get injuries. Chandler does everything Spargo does plus can kick 40+ and is quicker.
There's a reason Spargo played 96 games by the age of 23, but he's dropped off big time. His hunger and disposal efficiency were key tenets of his game, and both dropped off over the past 12 months. Wonder whether a trade would suit both parties, albeit his value is as low as it ever has been.

There's a reason Spargo played 96 games by the age of 23, but he's dropped off big time. His hunger and disposal efficiency were key tenets of his game, and both dropped off over the past 12 months. Wonder whether a trade would suit both parties, albeit his value is as low as it ever has been.
I like Spargo but let's not pretend he was fighting off quality players. We literally had no one else. Spargo was always one of the most limited players in the side and he's gonna struggle to win it back ever again especially with more kids coming in

Wonder whether a trade would suit both parties, albeit his value is as low as it ever has been.

Only one way to find out, get our "The Wolf" out of Pulp Fiction danster168 to float his name on the draft and trading board and see what he can come up with, Danster fix's (list) problems.

I like Spargo but let's not pretend he was fighting off quality players. We literally had no one else. Spargo was always one of the most limited players in the side and he's gonna struggle to win it back ever again especially with more kids coming in
Wonder whether we could have given Bedford more of a chance, but maybe that's jsut recency bias as he's doing well at GWS

Im a well known Bedford hater but his forward pressure in games ive seen has been elite. Really good. He still doesnt offer much offensively though. Dont miss him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder whether we could have given Bedford more of a chance, but maybe that's jsut recency bias as he's doing well at GWS
Would have been good enough? Probably not. Could we have given him more of a chance? Yep

He'd look ok in this up and game we are playing with his leg speed.

So what's the deal here? Is this kid a crumber or a half forward? I genuinely can't tell. Was kicking goals out of his arse for the first 6 weeks, then went quiet, got dropped, came back and had a couple of big games, then spent two finals everywhere except at the feet of the forwards. I feel like the coaches want him as a link in the chain because of his foot skills, albeit they have been non-existent the last month, but can he actually hunt and get separation?

So what's the deal here? Is this kid a crumber or a half forward? I genuinely can't tell. Was kicking goals out of his arse for the first 6 weeks, then went quiet, got dropped, came back and had a couple of big games, then spent two finals everywhere except at the feet of the forwards. I feel like the coaches want him as a link in the chain because of his foot skills, albeit they have been non-existent the last month, but can he actually hunt and get separation?

Fair questions. I found him confusing this year too. At least he showed early in the season he can be a damaging forward, so that's an improvement. But must continue to improve next year and do or consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

had a horrendous finals series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back