Pykie

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think he was a little dear in the headlights when looking up the field, that will change.

But he didn’t turn the ball over any more than Marley does in a normal game.

He was however composed when collecting the ball which is half the battle with the small defender.

You can see his first instinct is to almost try and push past the first man/tackle.

We aren’t exactly flush with quality small defenders atm, id persist until Marleys suspension is over.

hellas_johnny

Club Legend
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
I think he was a little dear in the headlights when looking up the field, that will change.

He was however composed when collecting the ball which is half the battle with the small defender.

You can see his first instinct is to almost try and push past the first man/tackle.

We aren’t exactly flush with quality small defenders atm, id persist until Marleys suspension is over.
Marley's suspension is over lol

LuvtheKangas

Welcome back, Maj
Mar 11, 2006
Rising up the ladder
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It's now over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d bring Williams in for for Scott next week.

There is something about this kid. His composure with the ball under pressure was really good for a 2nd gamer. He tackles like a mad man and has a hard edge to his game.

The inside 50 where he hit up Simpkin was the best inside 50 we had in the first half. Really highlighted what he is capable of.

Waussie

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well, selection will be interesting next week.

Marley certainly has the closing speed over him, but Hayden looks like he could be an interesting type once some games are pumped into him.

I think Shaw might keep him in.
Yep, I think he'll persevere with him after that effort, not bad after only 2 training sessions in HB.

Caracas

Premium Gold
Apr 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Kildare
I found I was mixing him up with Jed on occasion today for some reason. He really showed good signs. This was effectively his first game, given what happened against the Pies.

shinboner magic

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Kudos to this bloke today. There’s something awesome about watching a young fella refusing to panic with the ball.
Yeah was calm with ball in hand.
Most times you see a pack running towards you most players run away but Hayden ran at them. That was great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shermanator

Didn't get Luke Jackson NMFC :(
Mar 23, 2001
Inside Ben Brown’s hair
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
He's not flustered, and he's generally one touch.
Absolutely, Gary ‘lawn mower’ Lyon was mocking him for “taking too much time” with ball in hand last week (even though he never got pinged for HTB once), it just shows he has the Pendles ability to make time stand still when the heat is on.

Top Bottom