Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North Melbourne development system "hold my beer"
From reports we completely gutted our recruitment department, and a lot of posters had negative things to say.
but we certainly had a type of player we went after and I thought our recruiting didn’t seem that bad over the last three years.

Last edited:

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did anyone else see him just busting through the midfield and taking off? Pretty sure he helped set up a goal.
I'm not sure who isn't sold but I reckon this guy will be a mid
He has only ever been a mid/hf through his junior years and in vfl. He did some tagging before his injury and came back to training after covid and trained as a defender, he's a newbie in the backline.

I'm wondering whether he's playing in defence to assist in his achilles recovery. Run straight towards goal instead of twisting and turning to face goal?

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think he's playing in defence because our first choice running defenders are all C-grade left footers with suspect-to-appalling footskills...

He's definitely building to be as defensively sound as his contemporaries back there, while being more deliberate and precise with his disposal. The footskills of our medium/smalls are definitely a big issue for us, so it makes sense to play Hayden slightly out of position to help alleviate that issue.

Massive hopes for Hayden, genuinely surprised he's adapted so well to the backline already considering a lengthy achilles layoff, general inexperience, and the fact this is the first time he's ever been there. Really happy that Shaw has been putting faith in him and persisting even when he could have easily phased him out a week earlier for Marley.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The naivety of youth , where you fear nothing.
Skills are good but he’s finding the ball and getting involved.
He’s a battering Ram but has finesse with ball in hand.

1593500341919.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My guess is that if he isn't set up in the backline, he'll run with bont or Bailey. Bont has some simliar traits to Pendlebury and Kyron handled him ok.
Bailey needs to be contained through the Midfield, he created a lot of forward entrys.

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Defence, tagging, containment, shut down, run with role....blah blah blah

Here's a radical suggestion Why don't we just unleash the kid.

Throw him on ball, Throw caution to the wind. Dare to fail. What's there to lose.

Take a f#"+/;g risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back